WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 130): Cars 53.7M | Wonder Woman 41.3M | All Eyez 26.4M | Mummy 14.5M | 47 Meters 11.2M | POTC 9M | Rough Night 8M

Just now, Zakiyyah6 said:

I think Aquaman is going to murder that Animated Spider-Man movie at the box office. I think people are more interested in live-action versions of these Heroes as Lego Batman has shown us.

Lego Batman was really good but I think what killed it OS apart from the UK was the humour is really American and pop culture heavy. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I think Aquaman is going to murder that Animated Spider-Man movie at the box office. I think people are more interested in live-action versions of these Heroes as Lego Batman has shown us.

Listen if I'm wrong you can always bring this post up and laugh at my wrong prediction.

I'm not that type of person. If you're wrong you're wrong, I'm not going to gloat and rub it in your face, I might throw some shade but that's it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Maybe he could get J.J. Abrams and Jonathan Hensleigh to write the script with a polish by Robert Towne (and others) again. 

Get Towne, Tarantino and Sorkin to do a rewrite on it.

At the same time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

Lego Batman was really good but I think what killed it OS apart from the UK was the humour is really American and pop culture heavy. 

American pop culture heavy comedies almost never travel well beyond a couple of European areas.

1 hour ago, Telemachos said:

Going into the summer: "It will be tough for WW to break out, it has a lot of competition."

Now: "All these other movies are hurt by WW's dominance."

WW is the Rorschach to the other movies' prisoners. :lol: 

Makes me happy seeing tired sequels getting stomped. I hope WW inspires film makers to make better films.

• Like 1

Just now, Zakiyyah6 said:

American pop culture heavy comedies almost never travel well beyond a couple of European areas.

I wonder if WAG might slightly retool the Lego films to make them less pop culture heavy, they couldn't for Lego Batman as the references are half the fun but Ninjago and LMS they could.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Won't these same kids and families have turned up anyway? I think you're overestimating the African American appeal especially as BP will beat it to the punch by several months.

I'm not thinking TLM numbers but I think maybe ASM2 numbers domestically. You do have a good point though.

23 minutes ago, Southern European Guy said:

Yup. Although she's not the one I'd blame for it, still both GITS and Rough Night seemed terribly unoriginal and unappealing to the GA. Coupled with bland marketing campaigns, it's not really a surprise they flopped. 

Lucy was her only sign of having star power but I guess it was a fluke.

I was definitely one of those people who were wrong about Wonder Woman's release date but then again I didn't realize how lame The Mummy would look and apparently be. Also I didn't know whether DC/WB were continuing with that unfriendly to audiences route with the movie.  I still thought it would do over 200 million. 

Just now, grey ghost said:

What's the fourth?

Pascal is saying Venom but given that Feige says no I wouldn't say it's confirmed. Seems like Pascal trying to piggyback off the MCU and Homecoming's likely success.

• Like 1

The venom movie will most likely end up like the Netflix shows where the events in the other MCU movies are referenced in Venom but events that take place in Venom aren't reflected in any way in the MCU movies. I still don't think Venom will be a part of the MCU though, it all depends on that deal that Marvel made with Sony to bring Spiderman into their universe.