John Marston

Thursday Numbers (June 22): TF5 8.1M, Cars 3 4.4M, WW 4M (Deadline)

25 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Weird they would attach a Sony Classics trailer instead of something like Dark Tower or Flatliners or something.

At the very least, reactions from the crowd will certainly be interesting, as the Brigsby Bear trailer sure is...odd.

They probably just haven't updated it?  I doubt only Brigsby Bear will play with Baby Driver.

1 hour ago, MrPink said:

Cross the streams, make Tom Cruise a villain in Star Trek 4, so I can get my Star Trek meets Frequency with Hems and Pine.

Tom Cruise in Daddy's Home 3 as Griff's Dad

Tom Cruise in Jack Reacher 3, where he crosses the streams with Chris Pine as Jack Ryan

now that's a cinematic universe I would be willing to stan for! ??

Edited by Goffe

3 minutes ago, UNDERDOG said:

Wonder Woman walking through the wreckage of these Summer films:

gal-gadot-reveals-wonder-woman-s-sexuali

She is cleaning the mess these men have left behind (Scott, Cruise, Bay, Depp....). :lol:

• Like 2

Reading through old Transformers box office reports on BOM reminds me just how huge this franchise was. All of them had huge preview and midnight numbers back when previews were not rolled into midnights. Any idea which was the first movie to roll preview numbers into midnights and OW as a whole? Has to be something between TDKR and IM3 because the rolling of previews into midnights was considered common by the time IM3 released even though studios were still trying to figure out what time previews should start before settling at 7pm now.

• Like 1

Just now, grim22 said:

Reading through old Transformers box office reports on BOM reminds me just how huge this franchise was. All of them had huge preview and midnight numbers back when previews were not rolled into midnights. Any idea which was the first movie to roll preview numbers into midnights and OW as a whole? Has to be something between TDKR and IM3 because the rolling of previews into midnights was considered common by the time IM3 released even though studios were still trying to figure out what time previews should start before settling at 7pm now.

Final Twilight movie I think 

5 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Final Twilight movie I think 

Looks like you are right. Skyfall had Thursday previews (i know because I attended those) but it was broken out separately from the weekend. BOM had this to say, almost seems quaint now when some movies have 5pm previews

Unfortunately, Lionsgate/Summit have declined to break out the grosses from the 10 p.m. Thursday shows, which should not be counted towards the opening weekend figure (the weekend is Friday to Sunday, not Thursday night to Sunday). Clearly, though, opening at 10 p.m. on Thursday makes it easier for younger audience members to get to theaters, so the $30.4 million figure is probably going to make up a larger portion of opening day than past midnight-only hauls.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I think it was Sinister.

According to my previews/midnight spreadsheet anyway.

EDIT:

roxBor1.jpg

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Goffe said:

I think it was Sinister.

According to my previews/midnight spreadsheet anyway.

Yup, Lionsgate/Summit either way. They tested the waters with Sinister and went all-in with BD2

Sinister claimed the top spot with an estimated $7.45 million on its opening day. However, around $1 million of that gross came from midnight and Thursday night shows. The midnight gross counts towards Friday, but the Thursday figure should not. Unfortunately, Summit has decided not to break out the Thursday figure, therefore we're left guessing whether the movie's actual Friday gross was above or below Taken's $7 million. 

Lmao just saw an add on  Facebook telling me to go and witness the epic conclusion to the transformers saga. That was a quick change of attitude similar to those adds Disney did for pirates 5 after its poor opening. 

And relative to the Wednesday 24 hours (not 30) the Thursday hold is fine. I think we will see a few increases in the other holdovers as well since they already contended with theater losses and don't have any Thursday previews to mess with their showtime tonight. 

However leaving this weekend without a 2nd movie was a bad choice in hindsight. 

2 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Lmao just saw an add on  Facebook telling me to go and witness the epic conclusion to the transformers saga. That was a quick change of attitude similar to those adds Disney did for pirates 5 after its poor opening. 

:jeb!:

Depends on how well this does in China.

6 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Didn't the whole final chapter stuff just start last week first with Bay saying he was done then Wahlberg ?

Edited by Rman823