John Marston

Thursday Numbers (June 22): TF5 8.1M, Cars 3 4.4M, WW 4M (Deadline)

1 minute ago, Michael Seng Wah said:

Those people who have watched it expect a lot of actions but upset due to too much of talking. If that's come from GA or fans and based on the BO now, likely will flop as hard just like IDR DOM, OS under performs including drop in China.

Good luck, Paramount.

I know a guy who liked all four previous TF films (Even ROTF and AOE) and he said he thought this one was not good at all 

• Like 2

Just now, John Marston said:

I know a guy who liked all four previous TF films (Even ROTF and AOE) and he said he thought this one was not good at all 

A friend saw it Tuesday night and sent me text after the movie ended saying, and I quote, "I'm deaf after the last 2.5 hours."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

A friend saw it Tuesday night and sent me text after the movie ended saying, and I quote, "I'm deaf after the last 2.5 hours."

considering there is apparently little action until the last half hour that is kind of strange

3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

considering there is apparently little action until the last half hour that is kind of strange

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

He got deaf from Anthony Hopkins saying "duuuuuude", obviously.

I'm convinced exposure to this movie is hazardous in more ways than one. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Killimano3 said:

After this and ice age 5 I'm thinking pirates 5 did pretty well actually 

Pirates 5 still has Japan and it apparently will do pretty well there. In the end while it will have a big drop from Pirates 4 it will be a superior hold from the 4th film than Transformers 5 and Ice Age 5 

WW won't get IMAX back. Their grosses next weekend will be close, but Transformers can still push the FILMED IN IMAX 3D ploy.

Agreed, it's holding well but let's not kid ourselves it's in the $20m range now (and that's not even for next weekend which will obviously be lower). It's a bit too late to be putting in back in IMAX.

6 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Cinemascores are so useless. "It's going to have great legs now" - no it's dead, put a fork in it. 

I was a solid B student the whole way.  If school graded like Cinemascore I'd have been fucked

• Like 4

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Christ, the aspect ratio shifts in this look fucking obnoxious. Can't wait to experience a headache induced by them and 3D in about 12 hours :) 

The movie has aspect ratio ADD. A conversation scene between 2 characters has each character in a different aspect ratio and the wide shot of both characters together in a third aspect ratio and Bay keeps cutting between all 3 shots at a rapid fire pace making a one minute conversation have like 40 aspect ratio switches. And lets not even get into the number of aspect ratio changes in the action scenes.

There is no rhyme or reason for these changes. Nothing to say "Everything in full screen is important" or "2.25:1 is for character monologues" or similar. Its just whatever ratio that camera was using at that point in time with no consistency.

• Like 2

Just now, DAR said:

I was a solid B student the whole way.  If school graded like Cinemascore I'd have been fucked

A B+ cinemascore probably would have been the equivalent of a C- for me in high school.

• Like 1

Just now, grim22 said:

The movie has aspect ratio ADD. A conversation scene between 2 characters has each character in a different aspect ratio and the wide shot of both characters together in a third aspect ratio and Bay keeps cutting between all 3 shots at a rapid fire pace making a one minute conversation have like 40 aspect ratio switches. And lets not even get into the number of aspect ratio changes in the action scenes.

There is no rhyme or reason for these changes. Nothing to say "Everything in full screen is important" or "2.25:1 is for character monologues" or similar. Its just whatever ratio that camera was using at that point in time with no consistency.

Normally I'm all for aspect ratio changes, but the trailers and clips online give me a small headache. Even when I saw the trailer once in theaters with the shifting ratios, it felt weird.

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Christ, the aspect ratio shifts in this look fucking obnoxious. Can't wait to experience a headache induced by them and 3D in about 12 hours :) 

Why are you paying for this?    If you can't find any other movie to watch and don't want to go outside read a book.

• Like 1