John Marston

Thursday Numbers (June 22): TF5 8.1M, Cars 3 4.4M, WW 4M (Deadline)

1 hour ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Honestly, considering that this Summer seems to be abiding by the rule of "good movies win", it might just survive okay opening on June 28th. Despicable Me 3 attracts a different audience, The House probably won't be DOA like Rough Night but it also won't be big and doesn't have that much hype either (it's certainly not going to be matching the likes of Daddy's Home or Get Hard anytime soon... Sisters, tops), and... let's be honest: the Rotten Tomatoes rule does seem to be having some impact on opening weekends this year (even Alien: Covenant started out pretty big on Thursday previews, and It Comes At Night also seemed promising at 1st, but both just happened to lose audience trust along the way). And w/Transformers and Cars dead and WW not big enough to take anything away from it, Baby Driver might actually do not that bad after all.

Too bad that Spider-Man is gonna kill it dead. But ehh.

July will definitely test the "good movies win this summer" theory.

There will be at least one or two high quality tent poles that aren't superhero movies.

We'll see if this more selective and savvy general audience rewards this quality with box office stubs.

(Also I loved Alien Covenant and I'm unsure why more people didn't fully embrace it)

Everything's setting very, very well for Baby Driver, Despicable Me 3 and Spidey. Very, very well. Transformers is essentially a dud DOM it appears. Wonder Woman, while still a lioness in the marketplace, is slowly winding down... People are ready! The Tomato rules and Baby, Despicable and Spidey look to have the Tomato in their respective corners.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Everything's setting very, very well for Baby Driver, Despicable Me 3 and Spidey. Very, very well. Transformers is essentially a dud DOM it appears. Wonder Woman, while still a lioness in the marketplace, is slowly winding down... People are ready! The Tomato rules and Baby, Despicable and Spidey look to have the Tomato in their respective corners.

14438549954_23d81686f1_b.jpg

New forum mascot?

Edited by aabattery
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Apes Tomato will rule all.:sparta:

5 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

How much baby driver and apes must do to confirm tomato law?

The Tomato and only The Tomato will decide. Whatever grossed by either, it was what The Tomato decreed long ago. So it shall be the said, so it shall be written. The Tomato can be a fickle one. Not all FRESH are created equal and not all ROTTEN are as helpless as they may seem.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 5