Nova

5-day Weekend #s: DM3 99M, BD 29.97M, WW 24.07M, TF5 24.05M, Cars 3 14.2M, House 11.9M

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

I can't decide if Bruce Willis isn't getting good scripts anymore or if he's intentionally semi-retired.

Look who his co-star is and that should give you all the answers. 

• Like 1

• Community Manager
8 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

NEW VALERIAN CLIP:

You need to stop watching clips and trailers. Seriously better to go in and experience having seen as little as possible.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Despicable Me 3 was definitely better than Minions, slightly better than #2, but not as good as 1. Up next, Michael Bay's wet dream...

Also, DM3 trailing Pets at my theatre for matinees by a lot, mid 20's OD if it follows the pattern throughout the evening. House about 5-6M today here, Baby Driver about the same.

What did DM3 do in previews at your theater?

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I can't help it.

IT'S AN ADDICTIOn.  I need to be SaTiSfIeD until the release

Don't listen to @Water Bottle. When you stan for a film, you look at every clip you can, and then when it finally releases, it exceeds all your expectations, and you can't stop talking about it and you wear out your welcome dozens of times.

I speak from experience. :ph34r:

Edited by cannastop
  • Like 1

Variety

DM3 30 OD/85 OW

Despicable Me 3” is dominating the Independence Day holiday weekend box office with a projected $85 million for the Friday-Sunday period, early estimates showed Friday.

Illumination-Universal’s animated threequel should wind up its opening day Friday with about $30 million at 4,529 locations, including $4.1 million from Thursday night previews. Should the estimate hold, it will be the sixth-best domestic launch weekend of the year after “Beauty and the Beast,” “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2,” “Wonder Woman,” “Fate of the Furious,” and “Logan.”

http://variety.com/2017/film/box-office/box-office-despicable-me-3-baby-driver-the-house-2-1202484338/

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I can't help it.

IT'S AN ADDICTIOn.  I need to be SaTiSfIeD until the release

@Water Bottle has no idea what he is talking about. 

A true stan for a film doesnt just watch all the trailers and clips....they also watch all the videos and clips from the set too. So you can see all the scenes that were cut from the film.

Thats a true stan. 

• Like 2

Just now, That One Guy said:

Also, if anyone's interested, BOT Movie Night is being planned for tonight anywhere from 9-10 PM.

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/24259-bot-movie-night/

We also need people to make suggestions for what we should watch tonight (this can range from revered classics to worst movie of all time material).

Lego Movie

• Like 1

Just now, grey ghost said:

I can't decide if Bruce Willis isn't getting good scripts anymore or if he's intentionally semi-retired.

He seem to be attached to way too many movie to be semi-retired (and those are movies you never say yes to if you do not need to do movie, for money or other reason, like the type of movie other retired actor like DDL or Jack Nicholson end up getting out to do)

And he is probably not getting offered much of anything outside direct to dvd type of movie or other small project with some special type of financier (otherwise he would not do those).

He work/get attached to a lot of projects :

12/31/2017 Death Wish   $0 $0 $0
12/31/2017 First Kill   $0 $0 $0
6/6/2017 Once Upon a Time in Venice Steve  $0 $214,425 $214,425
12/31/2016 Untitled Bruce Willis Action Comedy   $0 $0 $0
12/31/2016 Untitled Woody Allen Project   $0 $0 $0
12/31/2016 Magic City   $0 $0 $0
12/31/2016 Wake   $0 $0 $0
7/1/2016 Marauders   $0 $920,156 $920,156
4/22/2016 Precious Cargo Eddie  $0 $575,822 $575,822
12/18/2015 Extraction Leonard  $16,775 $959,051 $975,826
10/23/2015 Rock the Kasbah Bombay Brian  $3,020,665 $336,605 $3,357,270
1/16/2015 Vice Julian  $0 $0 $0
8/22/2014 The Prince Omar  $0 $0 $0

Almost none of is movie achieved to make over 1 million world  expect not much more for First Kill and Death Wish ( I needed to check for most of those with 0 if they were real existing movie, seem to be). Some even had considerable budget like The Prince (18 million):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Prince_(2014_film)

He got a really good last chance with a broadway project and Woody Allen movie, but he was apparently fired by him (replaced by Steve Carell in Café Society) and it seem that was pretty much the end of is serious theatrical movie days:

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/It-Sounds-Like-Bruce-Willis-Was-Fired-By-Woody-Allen-79807.html

• Like 2

Hmm... I'm sure it's still going to make a gazillion dollars from merchandising, DVD/Blu-Ray sales, etc., but it has to be disappointing to see Despicable Me 3 barely top the previous film's deflated opening weekend.

11 minutes ago, FlashMaster659 said:

What did DM3 do in previews at your theater?

We didn't have previews. Had to choose between either that or getting Baby Driver on Wednesday rather than Friday. Downside of a smaller theatre

2 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

So, is Baby Driver the new Mad Max? I'm surprised that I'm not seeing a lot of enthusiasm here considering the RT score.

I can't wait to watch it, a breath of fresh air on an awful summer. 

BABY DRIVER IS SOOOOOOO FUCKING GOOD!!!! 

Like all hail God Edgar Wright

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

So, is Baby Driver the new Mad Max? I'm surprised that I'm not seeing a lot of enthusiasm here considering the RT score.

I can't wait to watch it, a breath of fresh air on an awful summer. 

I wouldn't call it an awful Summer. July's looking to be top notch quality wise. Was planning on seeing Baby Driver tonight but a family emergency changed plans. Hoping to catch it next week before Homecoming.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I totally overpredicted DM3 for the summer game.

But how was I supposed to know marketing was going to nosedive after the impressive, first trailer?

It had an impressive first trailer?