Nova

5-day Weekend #s: DM3 99M, BD 29.97M, WW 24.07M, TF5 24.05M, Cars 3 14.2M, House 11.9M

4 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

or that our poster actually had to get a permission slip signed to see it.

It was for the middle schoolers only. I'm a senior.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

• Community Manager
6 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

We watched Glory in 6th grade history class and that shit is rated R :lol: 

In 6th grade social science, my teacher

Rick Riordan

, showed us The Gods Must be Crazy. Although that's a PG movie*, one of the few times in my life at that point I had seen breasts and stuff without having my eyes covered.

*would totes be a PG-13 or maybe R now

• Like 3

• Community Manager
4 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

I don't know what amuses me more...that a school actually went to Fantastic Beasts as a field trip, or that our poster actually had to get a permission slip signed to see it.  Man, am I old:)...

EDIT: Schools aren't summer camps, b/c they have a whole lot more money and people to deal with dumb crap...like permission slips:)...The 15 year old camp counselers don't have that kind of time or desire to deal with dumb crap I bet:)...

15-year old camp counselors would have to get permission slips for a G or PG movie anyways. Cause you have to get a permission slip to take kids anywhere I believe. Also chances are the program director would be in charge of the permission slips.

2 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I saw an eight year old and three year old in a family to see Alien: Covenant.

I still haven't seen anything top people taking their 3 - 8 year olds to see a late night showing of the Revenant

• Like 1

Just now, The Panda said:

I still haven't seen anything top people taking their 3 - 8 year olds to see a late night showing of the Revenant

I saw two 4 and 5 year olds in a showing for Logan and a two year old, a five year old and a seven year old in a showing for Deadpool.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

What kind of camp has 15 year old camp counselors? 

You haven't seen martial arts camps, huh?  My daughter has 2 best friends as counselors at one this year -  one's 14 and one's 15...yes, you can work that young in my state:)...

• Like 1

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, YourMother said:

What kind of camp has 15 year old camp counselors? 

Some have teen counselors.  But considering how to take kids to the movies, you have to charter a bus, hire a driver for the day, and plan out the day around the trip...the idea they'd draw the line at permission slips is funny.

• Like 1

Just now, YourMother said:

I saw two 4 and 5 year olds in a showing for Logan and a two year old, a five year old and a seven year old in a showing for Deadpool.

Parents of the year to be honest 

• Like 2

Just now, Water Bottle said:

Some have teen counselors.  But considering how to take kids to the movies, you have to charter a bus, hire a driver for the day, and plan out the day around the trip...the idea they'd draw the line at permission slips is funny.

Nah, they walk over from the martial arts center...buses - those cost money:)...

• Community Manager
Just now, TwoMisfits said:

Nah, they walk over from the martial arts center...buses - those cost money:)...

Most camps can't just walk to the movie theater.

2 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

You haven't seen martial arts camps, huh?  My daughter has 2 best friends as counselors at one this year -  one's 14 and one's 15...yes, you can work that young in my state:)...

See Wisconsin (or Milwaukee at least) has strange rules when it comes to child care.

• Like 1

• Community Manager
Just now, elcaballero said:

There were lots of kids in the theater for Logan, which was funny when the first word out of Hugh Jackman's mouth was "fuck."

Funnier was when Hugh Jackman showed his butt in Days of Future Past. Literally every little kid at my screening: "eww gross!"

• Like 6

Just now, Water Bottle said:

Most camps can't just walk to the movie theater.

Well, I should add, those that don't have the little "ad vans" they have and take the kids in them to the theaters...

And as for things like swim teams, knowing the head coach, there's no permission slips there, either...you just agree to "show up and carpool"...b/c none of these type of events charge enough to make people care more...nor do they make enough to be sueable if something happened...so they are much more laid back...