Nova

5-day Weekend #s: DM3 99M, BD 29.97M, WW 24.07M, TF5 24.05M, Cars 3 14.2M, House 11.9M

1 minute ago, Water Bottle said:

Most camps can't just walk to the movie theater.

And they still have to give permission slips. When I was 10 and went to summer camp, we went on a field trip to see Toy Story 3 and I still needed a permission slip.

• Like 2

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

Well, I should add, those that don't have the little "ad vans" they have and take the kids in them to the theaters...

And as for things like swim teams, knowing the head coach, there's no permission slips there, either...you just agree to "show up and carpool"...b/c none of these type of events charge enough to make people care more...nor do they make enough to be sueable if something happened...so they are much more laid back...

I don't know about swim teams but I'm pretty sure parents know about any trips to the movies ahead of time. So if they don't like their kid going to a PG-13 movie, the kid stays home. lol.

3 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Funnier was when Hugh Jackman showed his butt in Days of Future Past. Literally every little kid at my screening: "eww gross!"

My screening had a different reaction, but there were a lot of women sitting around me. :lol:

• Like 6

Mind you I was a kid over a decade ago (I'm getting up there in Tele years, guys!) but if I wanted to go to even the zoo or the museum, I had to get a permission slip signed. 

No permission slip meant no trip. Instead you were subjected to sitting with the grumpy librarian who was pissed she had to baby sit you the whole day. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nova said:

Mind you I was a kid over a decade ago (I'm getting up there in Tele years, guys!) but if I wanted to go to even the zoo or the museum, I had to get a permission slip signed. 

No permission slip meant no trip. Instead you were subjected to sitting with the grumpy librarian who was pissed she had to baby sit you the whole day. 

You're 10,000,000?

• Like 3

*sees discussion on summer camp after just returning from a day of counseling* Hey, I'm a summer camp counselor! Funny you guys are having this discussion now, as we have a field trip scheduled to Despicable Me 3 next Thursday. Last year we saw Finding Dory, and you guys act like it's expensive? We just took them all to a local go-karts, laser-tag, mini-golf, and arcade place yesterday that was probably a load more expensive than the combined theater tickets and concessions next week. On permission slips though, I'm bummed because I have the older kids (4th grade-8th grade) and my boss wanted us to be able to take them to an "older" movie that wasn't PG-13. My co-counselor and I both really were pushing for sending home permission slips to allow our kids to go see Spider-Man, but the boss wouldn't budge. But yeah, we're all seeing Despicable Me next Thurs on a field trip lol

• Like 7

Homecoming after seeing has one joke which might be a tad bit inappropriate for young ones. However I think it'll still be a massive draw for families and kids.

• Like 1

Just now, YourMother said:

Homecoming after seeing has one joke which might be a tad bit inappropriate for young ones. However I think it'll still be a massive draw for families and kids.

Out of 10 what do you give it?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

In 6th grade social science, my teacher

Hide contents

Rick Riordan

, showed us The Gods Must be Crazy. Although that's a PG movie*, one of the few times in my life at that point I had seen breasts and stuff without having my eyes covered.

*would totes be a PG-13 or maybe R now

You buried the lead there with Rick Riordan of the Percy Jackson books being your science teacher. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

Out of 10 what do you give it?

The movie: I think it may be my favorite Spider-Man movie and I'd give a solid A

The joke: It's a 5/10 on the inappropriate meter, it's basically like a the calmest dirty joke on South Park or Family Guy.

• Like 2

I'm still kind of blown away that:

1.) There's a movie playing in more than 4,500 theatres domestically.

2.) It beat a record that The Twilight Saga: Eclipse had held for seven years (to the day).

3.) It's Despicable Me 3, which even wasn't going to come close to any kind of record gross in even the rosiest of circumstances.

Edited by Webslinger
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

"...an 'older' movie that wasn't PG-13..." Clearly, this woman has no idea how Hollywood works now. ;)

Yeah I know, she's kinda not entirely there with Hollywood IMO. Though to be fair, if a film like JUNGLE BOOK or MALEFICENT were out right now, it could totally fall under "older kids but still PG" I think