Nova

5-day Weekend #s: DM3 99M, BD 29.97M, WW 24.07M, TF5 24.05M, Cars 3 14.2M, House 11.9M

8 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

Stupid to spend 209 million on a product that does not have pre-existing fan base and does not have really big names. Plus studio is not big enough to handle OS distribution and so will pre-sell for less than optimal deals. So this needs huge domestic to be successful and that is unlikely given the release date. 

Is domestic in that sentence France ? I think you have the situation in reverse, for them the US market is oversea.

The franchise has a someone pre-existing fan base in Europe (it did sell millions of copy) and has one of the biggest names in world cinema with Besson.

1 hour ago, 75live said:

exactly my take, but getting attacked by people when you don't slurp a film is the norm around here.  I'm used to it :P   Sadly, they are complaining and no one is even saying anything bad about the film or the money it's making. Or not to be happy with what it has been doing.  It's just semantics that they want everything to be over the top :P 

It's a world where my B- is looked at as if it were a D. :) 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

It's a world where my B- is looked at as if it were a D. :) 

Well we have already established that you don't like good movies. 

So giving a great movie a B- is like giving it a D. 

:popcorn:

Just now, YourMother said:

Time to roast. 

Boy, why you rocking that school shooter haircut?!

Why you trying to be Ned Bigby so bad?!

:ph34r: still better than my hair in grade 10

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grim22 said:

Since DM3 predicts are all over the place, here's a chance to put your predictor hat on. One gold account up for grabs to whoever comes closest on the weekend number. Just quote this post with your predict and the closest person wins it on Monday.

10 minutes ago, Kingp0va said:

Soo all eyez on me's OW will be like 55% of its entire run, any other movies (wide releases) whose budget did more than 50% of the entire run??? surely some horror movies like friday the 13th

Batman V Superman and Watchmen are the two biggest.

3 hours ago, baumer said:

You really like to come in here and tell everyone how smart you were after the movies came out. So according to you you basically have called every flop and every surprise hit so far this year. Interesting. Do you have any links to back up your claims that you had the foresight that you claim you do?

since you are curious why don't you find yourself? Being a mod, I am sure you will find it sooner. Start in all the TF threads. Same with alien covenant. Now, ofcourse, if I am wrong about a movie either critically and boxoffice then I admit it. But obviously you folks don't notice that because you choose not to. I had opened a club here in which i said AC will gross WAY below Split and Get Out and even have lower opening weekend than those but some idiot closed it down because it hurt him to the core as to how dare I make such a prediction. A few threads of mine have been closed in recent times which is kinda shitty of you mods to do so but whatever.

Edited by marveldcfox

With all honesty, DM2 had the advancement of 4th Of July advancement and families being more off work than this weekend. Still not bad for DM3.

And for Baby Driver, a very good start for a film that could've suffered the Scott Pilgrim fate. But great word of mouth, and an appealing idea with interesting marketing. It should be a profit for Sony and should be another profit right before Spider Man next weekend.