Nova

5-day Weekend #s: DM3 99M, BD 29.97M, WW 24.07M, TF5 24.05M, Cars 3 14.2M, House 11.9M

For what it's worth a friend of mine posted a picture of Valerian and how he was excited for it on facebook and his post has a bunch of likes and comments about how they want to watch it. 

So hopefully Water Bottle Law goes into effect because a movie like Valerian doesn't deserve Tele Law. 

• Like 5

Just now, PRESIDENT BKB said:

Ummmm, what??? 47 Meters should've made a lot more than it did if it had been marketed properly and I don't see how anyone can disagree with me on that.. It was marketed like shit.. Sure, it cost peanuts to make most likely and made a profit, but still.. The studio clearly didn't have confidence in it..

It's doing great for what it is. It literally was a DTV movie and now it's on track to make like 35M. It's having pretty good holds as well. Hard to paint it as anything but a nice little success.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, PRESIDENT BKB said:

Ummmm, what??? 47 Meters should've made a lot more than it did if it had been marketed properly and I don't see how anyone can disagree with me on that.. It was marketed like shit.. Sure, it cost peanuts to make most likely and made a profit, but still.. The studio clearly didn't have confidence in it..

I actually agree that the marketing for it wasn't exactly good. But they still spent $30M on its marketing so they put the money in....it just wasn't exactly good marketing....in my opinion. But like you said and I have said as well the movie made money and will be a profit no matter what. 

• Like 1

This is a rather random thing, but a few days ago I finally found out where Tele got his user name from because I was reading one of the adaptations of the Odyssee. Turns out that Telemachos is Odysseus' son. Again, random fact, but I'm happy that I solved this mystery for myself. :D

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Celedhring said:

Best part of the flick. I bet he had to get on a diet after chewing so much scenery.

The first Jack Reacher is such a pleasantly fun movie.

It's really just normal Herzog. They probably didn't even have to write his lines.

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, aabattery said:

It's really just normal Herzog. They probably didn't even have to write his lines.

That scene where he makes that fella bite his own finger off is just a reminiscence of him giving direction to the cast of Rescue Dawn.

3 minutes ago, Celedhring said:

That scene where he makes that fella bite his own finger off is just a reminiscence of him giving direction to the cast of Rescue Dawn.

Yep. He's the guy who got a crew to move a 300-ton steamship over a mountain.

I wouldn't want to be on one of his sets.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I also had sex while watching 500 Days of Summer in Spanish if anyone's wondering

You're really desperate for attention. Sex isn't a big deal. Almost everyone does it. What's next, Ethan? You're gonna tell us you got your asshole licked watching Blue Jasmine?

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Yep. He's the guy who got a crew to move a 300-ton steamship over a mountain.

I wouldn't want to be on one of his sets.

Yep, and directed Klaus Kinski at gunpoint on the set of Aguirre, the wrath of god. He's a legend.

Edited by Celedhring

• Community Manager
2 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Can't tell if you're being serious or talking about the fact that I got my dick sucked to if

Weren't you like 11 when it came out? Not buying this.

• Like 2