Nova

5-day Weekend #s: DM3 99M, BD 29.97M, WW 24.07M, TF5 24.05M, Cars 3 14.2M, House 11.9M

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

It looks like a film that going to be horribly outdated within a few years. As much as Illumination gets slack, they're better than SPA.

Both companies use cheaper Foreign animation, but at least Illumination isn't trying to follow popular trends. 

• Like 1

JW2 will rule the year.

Incredibles2 and TA:IW will tussle for #2. (edit: TA:IW has the edge here).

BP can target top 5. Not top 3 imo.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

Just now, a2knet said:

Even if BP does 235, it will have beaten all SH origins except SM1, WONDR, GOTG1 and MOS...unless I am missing something.

I think O/U MOS would be a great target.

tumblr_o2wxuwfc6y1udh5n8o1_500.gif

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Even if BP does 235, it will have beaten all SH origins except SM1, WONDR, GOTG1 and MOS...unless I am missing something.

I think O/U MOS would be a great target, just cause it's close to 300. GOTG1 is a bit too high.

Iron Man 1

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Fuck Despicable Me 3 is going to hurt me in the derby, I shouldn't have overpredicted it like I did, then again few expected it to drop like it did.

To be fair that WW club did seem like the right thing at the time. Despicable Me 3 was tracking for at least 100m at that point, few people actually expected it to underperform like it did. 

Yeah, I had my DM club typed out and then I thought "this is too loonie, I'll do a WW club."

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Panda said:

Yeah, I had my DM club typed out and then I thought "this is too loonie, I'll do a WW club."

If anyone said that DM3 would have had the opening weekend that it actually had, they'd be dismissed as a mindless hater.

Oops.

• Like 2

When doing updates in the title, can you please please please put the page  the numbers are on?

Thanks you.

• Like 3

Sorry, but Black Panther won't make anywhere near enough to win next year. That's gonna be between Infinity War, Incredibles 2 and Jurassic World: Return of the Goldblum and maybe Han Solo (though I'm not sure on that). BP could crack the Top 5 if it has a WW style breakout. But to be honest, even if Panther "only" does 200/500 it will still be a success and will get a sequel (provided it's good), so don't be disappointed if it doesn't break out.

55 minutes ago, The Panda said:

Wow, my showing of Baby Driver that's in an hour is sold out.

Whoa, nice!

1 minute ago, The Panda said:

45 - 50 or so

oh lol

• Like 1