CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

52 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I totally wouldn't be surprised with a 160/380 run for Ragnarok. This is pretty much as important as CW to the MCU.

This isn't happening either.

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

No.

Even though I'm excited for Atomic Blonde too, no.

My prediction is that AB could be #1 or #2 or #3 the weekend it opens, depending on Poopmoji's performance and Dunkirk's hold.

1. Dunkirk 36-38
  2. Apes 30-32
  3. Spidey 24-26
  4. Val 18-20

The weekend after:

1. Emoji 22-24
  2. Dunkirk 22-24
  3. Atomic 22-24
  4. Apes 16-18

4 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Will Apes hit 60m next weekend?

buzz looks dead as hell. very disappointing.

70+ dreams seem long gone.

hoping it touches 60 which leaves a shot at 150 alive.

i don't think as a three-quel it's gonna pull off 3x irrespective of wom and do 150 off a 50 ow.

thinking low/mid 50s for now. but hope it manages high 50s/low 60s.

3 minutes ago, a2knet said:

i don't think as a three-quel it's gonna pull off 3x irrespective of wom and do 150 off a 50 ow.

Probably explains why Fox lifted embargo so early. Desperation move to build more buzz. Seemed to work at first but now ran into a dead zone at the moment. A really good movie is not necessarily enough. Gotta have some great marketing too and that seems to be lacking for the newest Apes film. 

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

I totally wouldn't be surprised with a 160/380 run for Ragnarok. This is pretty much as important as CW to the MCU.

Quick...where is that recent gif of Patty Jenkins and Gal Gadot laughing on the set of WW? The one that had me wishing I could change my name to "LaughingGadot"???

• Like 2

Just now, Cochofles said:

Quick...where is that recent gif of Patty Jenkins and Gal Gadot laughing on the set of WW? The one that had me wishing I could change my name to "LaughingGadot"???

LaughingGadot x LaughingEvans is the new OTP.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, a2knet said:

if it underperforms I think it will give credence to the idea that people are conserving their money and the massively hyped superhero flicks are the things that can get them out. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Didn't Dawn lift the embargo early as well? Apes will do fine and open well. Tracking was misleading with the prior installment too. This plays heavily to adults. Saturday will likely be bigger than Friday with Thursday previews included.

Dawn had better marketing. I was pretty pumped to see that one. Not really excited by the marketing material for the new one, but I'll see it at some point after opening weekend since I enjoyed the first two very much. I don't think the rush factor will be there for this one like it was for Dawn. 

40 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I agree.

Thor 2 made $ 383m OS-China, i think ragnarok will match this, probably around $ 400m.

Thor 2 made $ 55m in China, i think Ragnarok will double that, because the market is bigger now, Marvel is much more recognized now and they love Doctor Strange.

For me, Ragnarok will finish with $ 500 - 530m OS and $ 800m worldwide, another smash.

What is your prediction for JL ?

7 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Going to do a middle ground realistic JL prediction:

$155M OW

$410M DOM

$620M OS

$1.03B WW

Might as well do Thor too:

$110M OW

$265M DOM

$485M OS

$750M WW