CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

1 minute ago, Brainiac5 said:

How is that off topic? When I'm talking about the boxoffice numbers.

It's a joke since the thread title says it's now the Pokémon thread.

1 hour ago, MrGlass2 said:

To be honest superheroes rarely fail in movies. Or heroes in general. :ohmyzod:

Which is why my favorite series finale of all time is Mortal Kombat: Conquest from the late '90s. I've talked about this a few times before, but it never gets old.

The last two episodes were a two-parter where Shao-Khan launches his master-plot. Kung Lao and side-kicks (the primary heroes of the series) were lured into a trap, and Shao-Khan's priest-assassins spent the bulk of 2 straight episodes killing off *every* minor character who'd appeared on the show. Whether they'd helped the heroes or were a minor bad-guy, Shao-Khan killed them ALL. Must have been ~30 characters. Finally, he lured Raiden into a climatic battle which Shao Khan is winning.

Just as the dramatic moment arrives where you expect the the mortal heroes to arrive and save the day, Shao Khan reveals that the trap worked and they're all DEAD. He's got all their special weapons and stuff to prove it. The heroes of the series frigging died *off-screen*. Raiden is stripped of his powers, banished to the cobalt mines, and the Earth Realm descends into 1000 years of darkness and brutal tyranny. The end.

It was amazing.

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 1

Just now, damnitgeorge08 said:

Fun fact: Incineroar and Primarina are tied for second slowest fully evolved starter. The slowest is Torterra, and it's only four points slower than those two.---

Incineroar despite its looks isn't a Fire/Fighting type but rather a Fire/Dark type.

26 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

I fixed it for you

Kevin Feige has been steering the ship since Iron Man. Disney never took away creative control from Marvel Studios.

Disney was cranking out "smash hits" like Lone Ranger and John Carter before they had MCU and Star Wars.

4 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Incineroar despite its looks isn't a Fire/Fighting type but rather a Fire/Dark type.

While he does look like he could be Fire/Fighting, I am so glad he's not. We've already had too many starters of that typing. Delphox was a relief when I found out she was Fire/Psychic. Same goes for Fire/Dark here.

Also type makes sense if you are

familiar with professional wrestling and its terms.

If you are, it'll look like a heel wrestler, and thus Dark type

If you aren't, it'll look like a wrestler, and thus Fighting type

It's a wrestler, so of course it's going to look like a Fighting type, but since it's a heel and heels are known for using dirty tactics, which is what the Dark type is all about, it's Dark

3 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Kevin Feige has been steering the ship since Iron Man. Disney never took away creative control from Marvel Studios.

Disney was cranking out "smash hits" like Lone Ranger and John Carter before they had MCU and Star Wars.

If you truly believe Disney Brought Marvel and didn't lay out a plan for that division then you are truly delusional.

Lone ranger and John cater was there at the same time as The MCU.