CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

1 minute ago, baumer said:

ANYONE WHO IS PUTTING THEIR OD PREDICTIONS IN HERE, AND ARE HOPING I SEE THEM FOR THE GOLD ACCOUNT CONTEST....PLEASE DON'T.........SEND THEM TO ME VIA PM.  IM SIFTING THROUGH  PAGES OF MELTDOWNS TO FIND YOUR OD PREDICTION....ONLY PREDICTIONS SENT TO MY PM WILL COUNT......YOU HAVE  HOURS LEFT TO GET THEM IN!

I dare you to post like that from now on.

Go on.

Image result for do it gif

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

ANYONE WHO IS PUTTING THEIR OD PREDICTIONS IN HERE, AND ARE HOPING I SEE THEM FOR THE GOLD ACCOUNT CONTEST....PLEASE DON'T.........SEND THEM TO ME VIA PM.  IM SIFTING THROUGH  PAGES OF MELTDOWNS TO FIND YOUR OD PREDICTION....ONLY PREDICTIONS SENT TO MY PM WILL COUNT......YOU HAVE  HOURS LEFT TO GET THEM IN!

Did you get my message?

Something something something last three movies working against it something something something 

Numbers went up as the West Coast numbers came in. SHOCKING! And it'll likely go a little higher than this too.

3 hours ago, aabattery said:

@baumer Can you tell us how many people sent in OW predictions once it's all said and done?

I feel like many people missed the OD part of the challenge.

Yes, I will do that.  And if people missed the OD part, sorry but all you have to do is read. :)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

Did you get my message?

I literally just got home from work.  If you sent me a pm, then I got it.  I'm not going to check right now.  (just checked....yep...got yours)  ;)

That's great, much more like it. If that holds, and it hits anywhere over 110, I'm supremely impressed all things together. Spider-Man probably has the second most built in box office clout of any superhero beside Batman, and that would be proof positive. I include Supes, WW, and RDJ Iron Man in there, even though RDJ Iron Man is in this. I don't really think RDJ in this is some huge draw - it's clearly Spidey's movie (domestically - he's a big hand worldwide).

Same as WW opening friday, I am in client workshops all morning tomorrow. Dammit, will miss the meltdowns or celebrations (or neither?) from the previews and when the workshop is done at 1, will miss the initial reactions to Deadline's afternoon update. Why do my clients always pick the interesting Fridays to schedule their workshops?

Here's your key for interpreting the numbers

10-11.5: Mild disappointment

11.5-13.5: Expected, flame wars ensue

13.5-15: Excitement, but measured

15+: This shit gone be big

Under 10m: Meltdowns

Under 8m: Mods form a suicide pact

• Like 13