CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

28 minutes ago, Valerian Over 500M DOM said:

Ha...bomb.  A strong word for sure.  Would 500M domestic be bomb?  Tell thoughts.  I'm sure it is not a bomb.  Valerian...bomb?  Ha!  Only in a fantasy world.

Valerian...

I think we broke ThatOneGuy.

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

I just don't understand why some are treating it like a Civil War or Age of Ultron? It's not a sequel and it can easily stand alone, there's no reason the mutli shouldn't be in line with the rest of MCU's non-sequels, especially given the reviews. 

Who is saying that its legs will be like those two? Neither of those movies got a 2.7 multiplier. The problem is you guys are just hurt that we don't believe that this movie is guaranteed to get a 3.0-3.5 multiplier.

Just now, titanic2187 said:

Apes is like Star trek Beyond of 2017 to me, both are 3rd movie in trilogy, have great reviews and represent non-CBM blockbuster in july of summer, and both tracking about the same OW or total....

That's a good comparison for OW, but hopefully War's WOM will be significantly stronger than Beyond's given how much better its reviews are than Beyond's. 

Just now, Zakiyyah6 said:

Who is saying that its legs will be like those two? Neither of those movies got a 2.7 multiplier. The problem is you guys are just hurt that we don't believe that this movie is guaranteed to get a 3.0-3.5 multiplier.

Well I'm not in that camp either. I think it could get up to a 3.1x. My own prediction atm is between  2.9-3x. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PRESIDENT BKB said:

I'll say this much: I'm now reconsidering even thinking about INFINITY WAR opening any higher than what this did, regardless of how many superheroes will be in the movie..  Sorry folks,, but it's extremely RARE that a MARVEL movie doesn't have a higher Saturday than normal.. Look back at every MARVEL released and Saturday is always higher.. ALWAYS.. Saturday being as weak as what it was for this is questionable.. Either franchise fatigue like mentioned several times, OR, people simply had better things to do on Saturday than go to the movies??? 

Either we broke BKB or he's being sarcastic.

1 minute ago, PRESIDENT BKB said:

I'll say this much: I'm now reconsidering even thinking about INFINITY WAR opening any higher than what this did, regardless of how many superheroes will be in the movie..  Sorry folks,, but it's extremely RARE that a MARVEL movie doesn't have a higher Saturday than normal.. Look back at every MARVEL released and Saturday is always higher.. ALWAYS.. Saturday being as weak as what it was for this is questionable.. Either franchise fatigue like mentioned several times, OR, people simply had better things to do on Saturday than go to the movies??? 

Not convinced of Infinity War's legs but it will open to at least $175M DOM. Why not? Spidey will have fine legs. Black Panther is piquing interest. Ragnarok will likely do well enough. Not to mention, the Guardians and everyone else in joining the collection of heroes and, at fucking last, having Thanos to contend with as an adversary. Now, again, it will FRONTLOADED. Not sure about the overall multiplier. Probably something in between Civil War and Ultron's multiplier. Gonna open fucking huge though.

More so than that, I honestly believe Marvel Studios does a better job of marketing their product to their fans/casuals than Sony does.

Just now, grim22 said:

Wonder Woman is now the biggest non-Disney release since Catching Fire (minus Jurassic World)

BoxOfficeReport.com on Twitter

WonderWoman has passed Deadpool, Jungle Book, Despicable Me 2 & Secret Life of Pets to move into 34th place on the all-time domestic list.

So, it's the biggest non-Disney release since Jurassic World, no? Just a little confused by the "minus Jurassic World." Why not just say "since Jurassic World." Am I missing something?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Wonder Woman is now the biggest non-Disney release since Catching Fire (minus Jurassic World)

Ok, that actually just blew my mind. I've gotten so used to 400m+ DOM grossers in the last 3-4 years, I literally hadn't realized they were ALL Disney besides JW. Holy shit. 

Edited by MovieMan89

5 minutes ago, Mr Impossible said:

Lol Pirates is already a success while Transformers won't be. 

I was talking more domestic as both are underperforming from their predecessors.  But Pirates 5 definitely is doing better than TF5 especially since P4 came out 6 years ago where as TF4 came out 3 years ago. 

Just now, JohnnyGossamer said:

So, it's the biggest non-Disney release since Jurassic World, no? Just a little confused by the "minus Jurassic World." Why not just say "since Jurassic World." Am I missing something?

Leggiest cbm since spider man not gotg.

Just sounds cooler.