CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

8 minutes ago, a2knet said:

duuuuuuuuuude

That's close to THOR2 and THOR1 combined. Even CA3/TA2.5 was well below CA1 and CA2 combined.

o/u 250 for THOR3 imo.

Thor woukd have done much better if they hadn't cast a plank of wood for the part.

14 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I totally wouldn't be surprised with a 160/380 run for Ragnarok. This is pretty much as important as CW to the MCU.

DO YOU GUYS NOT LEARN? LIKE THE DEFINITION OF INSANITY IS DOING THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS. YOU GUYS SET YOURSELVES UP FOR DISAPPOINTMENT! STOP...OVER...PREDICTING...MARVEL MOVIES

Avengers AoU - 220 OW

Civil War - 1.6 Billion

Guardians - 1.1-1.2 Billion

Spider-Man - 400 million (more reasonable than the other predictions)

Thor - 1 BILLION BECAUSE OF TRAILER VIEWS

In the same breath:

WW - meh, it'll make as much as Ant-Man

JL - meh, less than 800 million

Aquaman - 65 Million OW

22 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I totally wouldn't be surprised with a 160/380 run for Ragnarok. This is pretty much as important as CW to the MCU.

Do people realize this isn't like an auction where if you speak up with the highest number, you're taking home a prize? Both of those numbers are simply absurd.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, raegr said:

DO YOU GUYS NOT LEARN? LIKE THE DEFINITION OF INSANITY IS DOING THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS. YOU GUYS SET YOURSELVES UP FOR DISAPPOINTMENT! STOP...OVER...PREDICTING...MARVEL MOVIES

Avengers AoU - 220 OW

Civil War - 1.6 Billion

In the same breath:

Aquaman - 65 Million OW

You're right. I agree. The great irony here being just a few posts earlier you have Justice League potentially hitting $1.5B... Which, it could... But, is very, very wishful thinking. Not at all unlike what you're criticizing. Weird...

• Like 11

11 minutes ago, raegr said:

Y'all are gonna be in for a deadly surprise in November

With good/great reviews this can do 1.25-1.5 Billion

6 minutes ago, raegr said:

Avengers AoU - 220 OW

Civil War - 1.6 Billion

In the same breath:

Aquaman - 65 Million OW

Uh huh.

• Like 6

Just now, JohnnyGossamer said:

You're right. I agree. The great irony here being just a few posts earlier you have Justice League potentially hitting $1.5B... Which, it could... But, is very, very wishful thinking. Not at all unlike what you're criticizing. Weird...

Under perfect circumstances, 99% on RT, great WoM, Thor and SW dissapoint.

1.2-1.3 is more likely

1 hour ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Thor should do well enough OS to place in the Top 10 WW in '17. Could be close. But, Dark World did $440M OS in '13. Thinking the Ragnarok can do $500M+ OS.

I agree.

Thor 2 made $ 383m OS-China, i think ragnarok will match this, probably around $ 400m.

Thor 2 made $ 55m in China, i think Ragnarok will double that, because the market is bigger now, Marvel is much more recognized now and they love Doctor Strange.

For me, Ragnarok will finish with $ 500 - 530m OS and $ 800m worldwide, another smash.

12 minutes ago, elcaballero said:

I just can't see Atomic Blonde outgrossing John Wick Chapter 2.

Expecting big things. Hopefully the Wonder Woman crowds turn out to see another badass woman kicking ass. I think they will... Expecting $100M+ DOM for Atomic Blonde. Marketing been pretty great too.

28 minutes ago, raegr said:

Y'all are gonna be in for a deadly surprise in November

With good/great reviews this can do 1.25-1.5 Billion

Lets look at the facts here: BvS under performed because of bad reviews we get that but take into consideration that WW and SS both overperformed. Man Of Steel, SS and WW had okay,good and amazing legs. They also got an average of an A- Cinemascore. So the DCEU isn't hated like some would like it to be. The GA doesn't care about director drama or sensationalist clickbait, they want to see a movie that is at least decent. So there's that.

This by nature will have better reception than BvS. People hated BvS for editing, characterizations and tone. JL is straightforward, more hopeful, funnier and will have a reformed Supes. Right there we will have a fresh rating. WB is clearly listening and is doing all they can to make this a great movie, hence the reshoots. BvS' opening weekend could have been 190+ but bad WOM killed the weekend. Good word of mouth spreads and will greatly help this OW. This won't have the same opening day but will have better legs throughout the weekend. We are looking at a 79 Million Opening day with drops that lead us to a 195 Opening Weekend. Due to more action and less talking, Chinese will cling to this one. 89 Million opening weekend is within reach especially with the more established DC Brand. Worldwide we will see increases in each market. May be small but will all add up.  480m opening weekend WW. 

Due to thanksgiving we will be looking at some serious demand. Monday - Sunday will be huge and will push us towards the 370 range!

WW increases will be a bit more steep because of the lesser known DC brand. SW will kill its late legs but overall with that OW we will be looking at 1.25-1.5 Worldwide

And who says just MCU movies are overpredicted.

BVS got so low wasn't due to tone but quality in the eyes of the GA, which some of you choose to ignore. The OW is anything will be deflated due the upcoming five day. I think JL will hit $1B but it is not doing that much in China nor is it doing that much in America especially with solid competition Thanksgiving weekend the most you can hope for the ten Day is $300M-$320M. 

27 minutes ago, raegr said:

The majority prior to release thought $300M would happen for WW. Only two people here thought sub $150M domestic. There was a very prominent WW over $100M OW club.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, zapzapped said:

Im not so sure. I think most people either like or hate the actor playing peter parker. IMO hes annoying. Also the marketing for this film didnt help at all. Most people watching the trailers believe they saw way too much plot and way too much Ironman.

Did my part and contribute 7 3D tics to SMH.

Maybe I was too hype or im too old for this movie, not sure .. either way I felt that it didn't stand up the the ASM let alone the First Spiderman.

Did I like it yes, but does it have its issues - yes. I think they were trying way too hard to make everything seem funny ... and too much Ironman involvement. Although not to spill any spoilers I agree with some of you on here earlier regarding his spider sense. If I had to rank them I would put this just above ASM2.

1) Spiderman  - 10

2) Spiderman 2 -  9

3) ASM - 7.5

3) Spiderman 3 - 6.5

4) SMH  - 6

5) ASM2 - 4

Also they should of left the political Bullshit out of it, which bother the heck out of me

Spoiler

When MJ made a comment about the Washington Monument ... that was unnecessary. There are time/place for this shit if they want to make a statement, a movie such as this should not have this in it. After the Movie part of me wanted to avoid watching any future marvel movie period if they keep this BS up.

Edited by Subzero
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I think that's crazy. Thor just isn't that much of a draw.