CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

17 minutes ago, John Marston said:

looking back. Sony should have instead made one more film with Maguire/Raimi to close off that franchise and end with a better film than SM3 and then after that do the Marvel deal

But then Spider-man wouldn't be part of the MCU and we'd have to watch Kirsten Dunst get kidnapped for a fourth time and 38 year old Tobey Maguire starting to get too fat for the Spider-suit.

• Like 2

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

Misery, misery, misery. That's what you've chosen.

Me after watching both of them in the same night:

hcI9iUb.jpg

Honestly though, they suck so much ass. I'm coming down with a cold so I already felt pretty bad but after watching them back to back I actually felt like I was going to die.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I imagine Illumination decides just to concentrate on CGI films since they do better business, I reckon The Dr Seuss biopic will happen but not under the Illumination brand. I don't think Meledandri has ever ruled it doing a live action film but I think it's unlikely for the foreseeable future 

Yeah. It would be nice to see studios like Pixar, WDAS, WAG, and other animation studios branch out more.

• Like 2

Moderation:

Please remember not to post ANY spoiler details in the weekend thread, whether spoiler-tagged or not. If anyone does it, you risk an immediate weekend suspension or worse. 

All that stuff should go to either the Spoiler thread, the RTM, or the SMH thread. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AJG said:

Is Tobey Maguire still... alive?

Where is he?

Doesnt he have a reputation for being difficult? Sony were willing to replace him for Spider-Man 2 due to him wanting more money than he was offered and refusing to turn up for preproduction VFX scanning 

2 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Yeah. It would be nice to see studios like Pixar, WDAS, WAG, and other animation studios branch out more.

I don't think Pixar and WDAS doing it as they don't have to but WAG might for the right film, there was live action in the Lego Movie and Sony already do hybrids with Goosebumps, the first two Smurfs films and Peter Rabbit

• Like 2

Just now, Jonwo said:

Doesnt he have a reputation for being difficult? Sony were willing to replace him for Spider-Man 2 due to him wanting more money than he was offered and refusing to turn up for preproduction VFX scanning 

I thought he almost got replaced because he injured himself working on Sea biscuit? Or is that just the "official" story? I've heard about him being difficult before. His only major role this decade was Great Gatsby and he only got that cos he's in the pussy posse.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, baumer said:

The Beguiled : "It's boring, nothing happens for the entire film, then something does happen and then it ends."

:D

I wish the studio used this in their marketing from now on... :rofl:

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Top 5 Comic Book Movies (maybe)?

01. The Dark Knight
02. Logan
03. Kick-Ass
04. Deadpool
05. The Avengers

01. The Dark Knight 

02. Batmam Begins

03. Deadpool

04. Wonder Woman

05. The Dark Knight Rises/ GOTG/ Batman/ Spider Man 

7 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

But then Spider-man wouldn't be part of the MCU and we'd have to watch Kirsten Dunst get kidnapped for a fourth time and 38 year old Tobey Maguire starting to get too fat for the Spider-suit.

What should have happened basically is Spider-Man 4 should have been made instead of the ASM movies and it ended that series. Then. Sony made the deal with Marvel

5 minutes ago, John Marston said:

What should have happened basically is Spider-Man 4 should have been made instead of the ASM movies and it ended that series. Then. Sony made the deal with Marvel

Sony needed a failed reboot before they would even consider making a deal with Marvel Studios.

The franchise was dead with nowhere to go after ASM2.

After SM4 we'd be watching ASM2 now instead of SMH and Civil War would've never starred Spider-man.

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Top SH movies (in no order):

Blade

Winter Soldier

Logan 

Deadpool

(spot reserved for Black Panther)

Batman 89

I haven't seen Homecoming yet.

You disappoint me. Black Panther is RVSP for #1 for me.

• Like 1

That sounds about right, people are really overlooking that this is a Spider-Man movie.  It's bound to have a more frontloaded IM, especially when it has a large preview number.

If it can hit near 50m then I think that puts 120m+ on the table.

And even though the film is a hit, there is still some franchise fatigue for Spiderman, because it's the 6th Spiderman film in 15 years. And it's coming off the heels of 3 disappointing and polarizing Spider-Man films. So SMH is gonna be a success, but I think the positive word of mouth will bring it close to 350 dollars domestically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1