That One Girl

D23 Expo 2017 | July 14-16 | It is over. Disney is bankrupt. RIP

Just now, Dan9 said:

Can't wait for the fiery demolition of Epcot's heritage and purpose to begin. 

No, really... 

You know, I was pretty salty about it too for a long time, but to be honest at this point I'm just happy they will finally start showing some attention to the park again. Sure it's going to become littered with Disney IPs that essentially leave behind the purpose it was built for, but at least the park will finally be getting some great new E-ticket attractions nonetheless. Besides, is a Ratatouille attraction that out of place in the France pavilion? Is a Brave one that out of place in England pavillion? Is an awesome Inside Out attraction replacing the awful current (and previous) versions of Journey Into Imagination that horrible of an idea when you think about it? Epcot as it was intended is dead, but I'd at least take it being just another really good Disney theme park again rather than leave it like it has been for so long. 

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

You know, I was pretty salty about it too for a long time, but to be honest at this point I'm just happy they will finally start showing some attention to the park again. Sure it's going to become littered with Disney IPs that essentially leave behind the purpose it was built for, but at least the park will finally be getting some great new E-ticket attractions nonetheless. Besides, is a Ratatouille attraction that out of place in the France pavilion? Is a Brave one that out of place in England pavillion? Is an awesome Inside Out attraction replacing the awful current (and previous) versions of Journey Into Imagination that horrible of an idea when you think about it? Epcot as it was intended is dead, but I'd at least take it being just another really good Disney theme park again rather than leave it like it has been for so long. 

Pretty much this. WDW is in dire need of many new E-tickets.

11 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Generally I agree. It was easy to be bitter and it does still give me a laugh thinking about it, but in the state the industry is in I think it's wholly necessary for Epcot to have this kind of care and attention.

I only hope they are smart about it, and actually try and infuse the new IP attractions with some sort of homage to what Epcot is all about, or at least make sure the original feel/atmosphere of the park isn't left behind completely. 

Plus if Tron is announced for MK, please for the love of god hide the shed better than Shanghai! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dan9 said:

I only hope they are smart about it, and actually try and infuse the new IP attractions with some sort of homage to what Epcot is all about, or at least make sure the original feel/atmosphere of the park isn't left behind completely. 

Yes, this would be the ideal route all things considered and hopefully what they are going for. 

7 minutes ago, Super Robertman2 Odyssey said:

I'm surprised they're still doing an Xbox version over PC or Switch, which would actually have an audience for this game

I think it could have at least a million on The Switch, but Square has never released the main Kingdom Hearts game on any of Nintendo's home consoles, and probably has intention to do so in the future either, so I can't say I'm surprised.

Edited by Fancyarcher

3 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

I think it could have at least a million on The Switch, but Square has never released the main Kingdom Hearts game on any of Nintendo's home consoles, and probably has intention to do so in the future either, so I can't say I'm surprised.

Then why would they bother with an Xbox port at all, lol. Series hasn't been on Xbox at all.

My only guess is Microsoft payed to have it on Xbox

Just now, Jayhawk said:

Galaxy's Edge is pretty bad, but everyone is gonna call it Star Wars Land anyways.

Yeah, I think Star Wars Land would have been better to just stick with offically. If so many people still refuse to call it the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in favor of "Harry Potter Land", then Galaxy's Edge sure as hell isn't going to catch on. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Super Robertman2 Odyssey said:

Then why would they bother with an Xbox port at all, lol. Series hasn't been on Xbox at all.

My only guess is Microsoft payed to have it on Xbox

Microsoft probably paid for it (like you said), and Square has released a good majority of their main games for the Xbox consoles in the past decade, so they probably favor the console more.