CoolioD1

Once Upon a Time in... Hollywood | July 26 2019 | Digital Foot Technology | RIP Cinerama Dome

Just now, zeb1814 said:

One thing I would be worried about if I was Margot (or any young actress working) is peaking too early. It's what is happening to JLaw rn. I don't know if that will be true for Margot or not, but given how ambitious she is, I think she will be smart enough to avoid that. 

Actresses wish to peak as JLaw. 4 Oscar wins/noms and box office hits in such a short time. She has established herself. Now she can do whatever she wants. she has a fanbase and she's gonna continue working for a looong time. She's the new Meryl Streep+ Julia Roberts

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Alli said:

Actresses wish to peak as JLaw. 4 Oscar wins/noms and box office hits in such a short time. She has established herself. Now she can do whatever she wants. she has a fanbase and she's gonna continue working for a looong time. She's the new Meryl Streep+ Julia Roberts

Yes they wish to peak like her, but at 23 years old??? It all happened too fast imo. V/ front-loaded.  Her oscar nominations were basically one after the other instead of being spaced out which would be great for longevity. It's hard to keep up the momentum for so long (as we can clearly see). Her last few movies have been disasters. Passengers, Mother! and Red Sparrow. Plus her role in the X Men movies is hated by fans AND she doesn't like the franchise.  Not to mention her personality in interviews is getting on people's nerves. She has admitted herself that a lot of people hate her. I think she might be able to pull herself out of this funk, but she NEEDS to get more involved behind the scenes, which I don't see her doing. She comes across, from the stories she has told, as VERY unprofessional. 

3 minutes ago, Alli said:

Margot has no chance for this imo. the history of her character is too gruesome, pitt is the only one i see getting in. the industry loves him

Apparently in this movie

Spoiler

QT is rewriting history and is having BP and LD's characters kill Charles Manson. 

so it's def possible.

1 minute ago, zeb1814 said:

Apparently in this movie

Hide contents

QT is rewriting history and is having BP and LD's characters kill Charles Manson. 

so it's def possible.

Spoiler

but is she still gonna be killed? i think she will still be killed

13 minutes ago, Alli said:
  Reveal hidden contents

but is she still gonna be killed? i think she will still be killed

I don't know, but Sharon's sister approved of it after reading the script, so it's possible that she's not. 

15 minutes ago, Alli said:

eh a few bad movies doesn't mean she won't have longevity. she'll be back. Look at Nicole Kidman she's back starring in acclaimed movies in her 50s after a disastrous period of flop after flop

It's not just the bad movies, but everything all together. She's had a lot of bad PR lately. At least from what I've been seeing. Such as her comment about her education. I also think that the lack of a franchise (fox-men is coming to an end, thank god) or blockbuster will hurt her. Viola Davis has explained that she has done movies like Suicide Squad to stay relevant and get exposure. It's not just to make money. I'm not really sure what kind of career she wants for herself, but the one that she had during her peak is that of a movie star. Her most famous/breakout role was in a YA franchise. That ship seems to be sinking though, and she isn't doing much of anything else that people like, so I do think her career has been affected by all of this.  

Edited by zeb1814

Margot Robbie talks about her role in the upcoming film Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

Margot Robbie got a very important blessing to play Manson family murder victim Sharon Tate.

The actress, 28, prepared for her role in the upcoming Quentin Tarantinomovie Once Upon a Time in Hollywood by talking to Tate’s family members and friends.

“They all said how kind, loving, and good-hearted she was,” Robbie, 28, tells PEOPLE in the latest issue. “I was fortunate enough to step on to set with Debra Tate’s blessing, Sharon’s sister.”

Tate, just 26 at the time of her death, was married to director Roman Polanski and was eight-and-a-half months pregnant with their first child — a boy — when she was stabbed in her home by Charles Manson’s followers.

In the Quentin Tarantino-directed film, Leonardo DiCaprio, 44, plays actor Rick Dalton, while Brad Pitt, 55, stars as his longtime stunt double Cliff Booth. The two are struggling with a changing Hollywood in the 1960s and Tate is Dalton’s next door neighbor.

Robbie, who worked with DiCaprio six years earlier on The Wolf of Wall Street, says it was a thrill to watch DiCaprio and Pitt team up.

“Leo and Brad are both so talented, it was great to see them evolve into their characters,” she says. “They were quite the duo.”

But for Robbie, the most important part of filming was being able to show audiences the real Sharon Tate.

“It was immensely important for me to honor Sharon’s generous spirit,” she says. “I felt an enormous sense of responsibility. She really was such a beautiful character to play.”

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood opens in theaters on July 26.

https://people.com/movies/margot-robbie-felt-responsibility-playing-manson-victim-sharon-tate-once-upon-a-time-in-hollywood/

Edited by zeb1814

Margot as Tate is similar to Blanchett as Hepburn in the Aviator, and that's being extremely generous. Especially when you consider Tarantino said that the Tate-LaBianca murders are more of a backdrop (as the trailer suggests).

Edited by ThePhasmid

4 hours ago, ThePhasmid said:

Margot as Tate is similar to Blanchett as Hepburn in the Aviator, and that's being extremely generous. Especially when you consider Tarantino said that the Tate-LaBianca murders are more of a backdrop (as the trailer suggests).

What do you mean by this? I know Cate won the oscar for that movie, but I've never seen it. 

7 hours ago, zeb1814 said:

What do you mean by this? I know Cate won the oscar for that movie, but I've never seen it. 

I assume he means Margot will have similar screentime. From what I remember Aviator was 160+ minutes long but Blanchett was in it for less than half an hour.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Joel M said:

I assume he means Margot will have similar screentime. From what I remember Aviator was 160+ minutes long but Blanchett was in it for less than half an hour.

You're probably right. I do think she'll squeeze another Oscar nomination out of it though. I personally think that she should've gotten one over JLAW for WOWS. At least if they were determined to nominate any of the 3 blonde + new york + trophy wife roles in that year (Margot, Scarjo, and Jlaw).  Jen's accent in AH was terrible and should've disqualified her immediately. 

Geeze, i'm being kind of rough on JL in this thread. I promise i'm not meaning to! lol 

On 5/3/2019 at 6:14 PM, zeb1814 said:

Apparently in this movie

Hide contents

so it's def possible.

Spoiler

The rumor I saw posted by someone who claimed to have read the script was that Manson kills Sharon and Pitt’s character. The last part of the film is Leo’s character and Bruce Lee going after the Manson family and killling them one by one. 

12 hours ago, Frozen said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I've heard that one as well. Somehow I find it hard to believe that Pitt agrees to play second fiddle to Leo like that. I've also heard a rumor that the only reason he took the part is so he could screw Margot. So who knows??? Maybe his role isn't the first thing on his mind.