CoolioD1

Once Upon a Time in... Hollywood | July 26 2019 | Digital Foot Technology | RIP Cinerama Dome

Top Shay Tarantino by decades! :)

90ies: Meh! 😕

1997 Jackie Brown 3/10

1994 Pulp Fiction 4/10

1992 Reservoir Dogs 5/10

2000s: Getting there, but mainly with Kill Bill

2009 Inglourious Basterds 6/10

2007 Death Proof 7/10

2004 Kill Bill: Vol. 2 8/10

2003 Kill Bill: Vol. 1 9/10

2010s: NOW we're talking!! :)

2015 The Hateful Eight 10/10

2012 Django Unchained 11/10

Conclusion: slow learner, but at least he knows how to get better, contrary to the deteriorating Nolan.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

Inglorious Basterds is Tarantino #1 by fair.

Don't see a lot of love of Django here. Made for the big screen. #2 for me.

Pulp Fiction #3. I enjoy re-watching Django more.

Loved/Liked most of of Hateful8. The climax disappoints me a lot.

Liked Kill Bills but find them over-rated. 2 > 1.

Reservoir Dogs was nice but not evenly paced imo. Have watched it once. Enjoyed the Bollywood rip-off more

Death Proof was aok.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alli said:

If that spoiler FROZEN sent me is true...then i'm disappoint. called it earlier.

it will make  money, but yeah same ol same ol

I would never read a spoiler for a Tarantino movie. This is not some stupid Marvel movie, where the plot is always the same, or some other Disney movie, where the plot doesn't matter, because the visuals are everything...

Of course, a Tarantino movie has all the dialogue and a 100 more things to cherish on subsequent viewings - but the tension of not knowing what becomes of the plot on the first viewing is not something to throw away lightly...

2 minutes ago, Alli said:

why? the hype is real.

i'm a little concerned it's not playing Cannes. It must be controversial, but that'll only help the curiosity factor

what's the hook? what's there to interest the GA about this as a story? i'm not saying nothing is, just that they haven't showed it yet. stuff like revenant, gatsby, basterds, django had very clear hooks. survival/revenge, fresh adaptation of iconic novel, killing natzees, killing slave owners. this has... struggling TV actors, some stuff about Hollywood 50 years ago that mostly appeals to cinephiles, and the Manson murders? i'm skeptical. that I'm predicting well over 100 even with those reservations is already a big testament to the drawing power of the names involved. (and I trust that quality/WOM will be good.)

from what i understand it's not playing Cannes simply cause it's not finished.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1