CoolioD1

Once Upon a Time in... Hollywood | July 26 2019 | Digital Foot Technology | RIP Cinerama Dome

3 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Nice Guys is like Kiss Kiss Bang Bang on Quaaludes.  It lacks the energy needed for a Black script.  I don't think the main casting helped.   The girl and Matt Bomer were the standouts.

I think the casting was great but the script needed another draft or two. I never saw why I should be interested in the mystery.

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

WTF happened to Shane Black

From IM3 to The Nice Guys to

THE PREDATOR 

Ykes.

I wonder what the hell happened to his self proclaimed dream project ,his "Doc Savage" movie. he announced the casting of The Rock and then nothing.

9 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

The only thing that might indicate that this an alternate universe is that if it supposedly takes place around the murders, why isn't Sharon Tate heavily pregnant?

But this movie could easily span a year and we're only seeing early moments.

I had that question; Tate was 8 months pregnant at the time of the murders,and Robbie in the photo sure is not  showing her pregnancy, but I think the film spanning a longer period then is usual for  a QT film is the likely explanation. Tate's sister approved the script, and I don't think she would have approved any "De Caprios kills Manson" sheninigans.

11 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Agreed. I might argue his last three have been his weakest;"Hateful 8" in particular. The other two were fun,but "8" was often just plain boring, the worst thing a film can be.

Basterds is his second best. It's always hip among movie buffs to love a director's early work and hate their later stuff. I agree that Hateful 8 is his weakest other than Death Proof though. 

6 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I wonder what the hell happened to his self proclaimed dream project ,his "Doc Savage" movie. he announced the casting of The Rock and then nothing.

Last year (pre Predator release so Sony might not be as gung ho for other reasons now)

https://movieweb.com/doc-savage-remake-movie-the-rock-update-2018/

"First of all, love Shane Black and we've had multiple meetings on that project that we were going to work on. Right now, Shane's doing things. I'm doing things. That project had a few issues, not creative issues but more so business affairs issues, where the project once was, who had rights to it, where we were trying to move it to. There was a lot of that, which we're still kind of working through. At the end of the day, Shane's such a spectacular writer or director, but whether it's that project or something else, we've made a pact that we're going to work together at some point in our careers."

34 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Agreed. I might argue his last three have been his weakest;"Hateful 8" in particular. The other two were fun,but "8" was often just plain boring, the worst thing a film can be.

Of the 3, that was my favorite.

5 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Nothing wrong with loving a tested formula that worked before.

Director has a notable style. *Gasp*

2 hours ago, The Futurist said:

WTF happened to Shane Black

From IM3 to The Nice Guys to

THE PREDATOR 

Ykes.

He was never really good.

47 minutes ago, dudalb said:

You need to watch "Pulp Fiction " which is his best film and some of his earlier films. I think his last 3 ,although fun, have been a long way from his best work.

On the watchlist.

• Like 1

Just now, Alli said:

It's time for the youtube views report:  almost 4M views and the like dislike ratio is insanely good. Just 1k dislikes.

Everybody is lovin the trailer.

These people are worse/as good as MCU fanboys.

2 minutes ago, TMP said:

DiCaprio in TWOWS >>>>>>>>>>>>>> any other DiCaprio

Playing himself worked out great for him.

He lives this life make no mistake about it, even worse/better.

While making you believe he has 5 minutes insomnia about Gaia at night.

Great Character actor !