franfar

Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga (yes that's the subtitle) | May 24, 2024 | Anya Taylor-Joy is Furiosa + Chris Hemsworth

34 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

She’s 10 years younger than Gal Gadot, and has only been in two films thus far. She can still make a name for herself. 

I guess I’m just saying she should’ve played Wonder Woman instead of Gadot lol

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Mad Max007 said:

She looks nothing like Gadot lol. But is a much better actress and has charisma!

The similarities are there especially in Anyone But You. But this showed she also had the goods to make a great action performer.

Edited by lorddemaxus

Posted (edited)

I struggle to call Gadot an actres at all)

Anyway, I found Fraser to be one of a few redeeming elements of that insufferable silly movie called Anyone but you

Edited by cinema pal
  • Like 1

Just realized we could have gotten another Mad Max sequel with Tom Hardy as lead after Fury Road instead of Furisoa. Would have done better.

Any plans for another likely is dead now with Furiosa floppage.

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Furiosa shares disturbing similarities with Solo. Both prequel movies about a character played by another younger actor that no one wanted.

Both have the dumb subtitle of a _____ story or a ____ saga that people mocked.

They even have the same cursed Memorial Day release.

But Furiosa opened with about 1/3 of Solo. People called Solo a mega flop which shows how badly Furiosa did because it did even worse.

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 1

Fury Road, if you look at the figures, was not a big hit. It made a modest profie, but people here acted like it was some kind of huge blockbuster, which it was not.

This flm is a failed attempt on a spin off.  I guess a Mad Max film with little of no Max is a hard sell to all but the serious fanbase.

15 hours ago, cinema pal said:

I struggle to call Gadot an actres at all)

Anyway, I found Fraser to be one of a few redeeming elements of that insufferable silly movie called Anyone but you

i had the same thought, i was forced to see anyone but you with my friends and honestly felt like we all got duped into watching it because of the fact that it had unwritten in it (it's such a guilty pleasure song!). But i really liked her part, she saved a lot of the scenes she was in, i almost wished the main guy ended with her lol

I don't trust reddit as much though some stuff ends up being true later on(looking at CBM stuff), but a post on the Mad Max sub says WB aren't very sad with this apart from seeing it as a marketing failure.

Marketing always get blamed but the fact is most people that work in marketing for these companies does nothing short of exemplary work. Doesn’t matter how well you market something when audiences just aren’t interested in a Mad Max spin off. Refuse to believe Zaslav ain’t angry about this flopping financially 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, John Marston said:

what in the name of fuck does Marvel have to do with this LMAO

160K likes. Let that sink in. Film Twitter for ya. These guys would blame marvel for everything negative in their life 

• Like 1

If anything, summer box office is suffering this year without a Marvel film in May as Deadpool shifted to late July lol.

1 hour ago, cinema pal said:

How someone could be not very sad about losing ~ $150 M?

Good reviews and audience scores, might become a PVOD and streaming hit like the first Dune. I don't see this sweeping the Oscars like Fury Road did a decade ago though!

• Like 1

Iirc the 168M budget was after tax incentives, so 200M would definitely not be enough (also unlikely to reach that anyway).

I also doubt this will be a PVOD/streaming hit like Dune because Fury Road was supposed to be like Dune. The whole narrative around Fury Road was that it became a cult hit after its theatrical run, and that it would carry over to Furiosa. WBD will also probably make Dune 2 and Joker 2 their blockbuster priorities for Oscars over Furiosa.

1 hour ago, thajdikt said:

160K likes. Let that sink in. Film Twitter for ya. These guys would blame marvel for everything negative in their life 

Blaming Marvel after 2023 is wild. Deadpool & Wolverine will be fun to follow lol

• Like 2

Twitter is ugly engagement harvesting nowadays. You rarely know when a person really means something in their twitt or just collecting likes and reposts. Or are they just plain stupid 

Edited by cinema pal
  • Like 1