franfar

Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga (yes that's the subtitle) | May 24, 2024 | Anya Taylor-Joy is Furiosa + Chris Hemsworth

Im also eh. Shew as amzing in Fury Road but we really dont need to see her backstory...all was explained very well.

Im also generelly against the idea of prequels with a few exceptions (Apes, Rogue One). Im way more eager to see a sequel.

On 7/12/2017 at 11:24 AM, Spidey Freak said:

I don't want a prequel, I want a sequel. It would be more interesting to see how Furiosa and the Wives managed to protect and sustain the Citadel in the aftermath of Fury Road.

This. A prequel would be off putting frankly. 

When do we get a Mad Max sequel? It was a boxoffice disappointment whether fanboys admit it or not, but I would love a sequel. Has potential to do 500+ WW.

Edited by marveldcfox

On 7/13/2017 at 2:22 PM, marveldcfox said:

This. A prequel would be off putting frankly. 

When do we get a Mad Max sequel? It was a boxoffice disappointment whether fanboys admit it or not, but I would love a sequel. Has potential to do 500+ WW.

From what I remember Tom admitted he was quite difficult to work with on that set. The director and cast may not want to experience that again. 

This doesn't bode well for the movie to be commisioned anytime soon.

http://www.slashfilm.com/max-max-fury-road-lawsuit/

The ongoing Mad Max: Fury Road lawsuit lives, dies, and lives again. The future of the franchise is in jeopardy thanks to a bitter court battle between George Miller‘s production company, Kennedy Miller Mitchell, and Warner Bros.

When we talk about not knowing the budget because a number is writing by a guy at box office mojo:

But the issue comes down to the two companies’ different views of the “final net cost” of the movie. Kennedy Miller argues that it is eligible for a $7 million bonus for making the movie under the agreed $157 million budget, while Warner Bros. claims that it went well over $185.1 million. In a cross-lawsuit filed by Warner Bros., the studio accuses Kennedy Miller Mitchell of breaking contract over the film’s intended runtime and rating.

Using pre-approve mpaa rating or runtime clause of the contract trying to void it sound like a cheap shot (pretty sure they were ok with not enforcing them at the time), but that lawsuit make sense of the rumors we did read at the time about the movie possibly being much more than 150m according to some.

https://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/movies/bitter-court-battle-over-mad-max-fury-road-blocks-two-new-movies-20180412-p4z98o.html

Oh it is very simple, reshoot were 31 million dollar, production company claim WB agreed to not count them in the budget and penalize them bonus wise for it, studio say otherwise...

That sound a bit in contraction with Miller claim in a interview that the test screening were not stressful because he had final cut privilege.

There are two stories, both involving Mad Max, and also a Furiosa story. We’re still solving, we’ve got to play out the Warners thing, it seems to be pretty clear that it’s going to happen.

It all started because of the chaos at Warner Bros. and not Kevin Tsujihara, it was pre all that. He wasn’t the antagonist, because a lot of people didn’t know what was going on and were not prepared to make a definitive stand; everybody was running around fearful, it seems, through three regimes. It was hard to get anyone’s attention, so we went to litigation. The chaos has stabilized and it’s become extremely positive as the dust seems to have settled after [the AT&T merger].

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Geo1500 said:

I don't know why they waited so long for this movie to come out. I would have loved to see a sequel 3 yrs after the first

Because it's better to take the time to get it right. 

MMFR is the greatest live action movie of all time. And it took a long time to get there.

19 hours ago, Geo1500 said:

I don't know why they waited so long for this movie to come out. I would have loved to see a sequel 3 yrs after the first

Because despite winning six Oscars, Fury Road was not quite profitable enough for Warner Bros. from theatrical revenue alone, based on what was spent...and the trouble the production went through.  They've had to really mull whether they want to do it again.  And then...Miller sued the studio for lost profits.  So there's your delay.  The scripts were done; it's been all this other stuff.