Eric Quinn

Darkest Hour l Focus Features l November 22, 2017 l Gary Oldman l Joe Wright l Biopic of Winston Churchill

21 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Looks like a TV movie. Bad timing too, there was already a major Churchill biopic released in the UK about a month ago that got tepid reviews. The character has been done to death on film.

The Crown looks way more cinematic than this does.

haven't watched the trailer yet but did see this on my youtube subscription page and i'm very excited to check it out

du99gQ0.png?1

based on this i can only imagine that the focal point of the trailer is a scene of Churchill creaming his pants.

• Like 3

All the reactions from Telluride are raving about Oldman, but I haven't seen much regarding the rest of the film. It's probably one of those Great Performance/Good Film type deals, which would still be a hell of a lot better than recent British biopics that got a BP nomination.