WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 150): Apes 56.3M | SMH 44.2M | DM3 19.4M | Baby 8.7M | Big Dick 7.5M | WW 6.8M | Wish Upon 5.5M | Tomatoes losing their power

3 hours ago, grey ghost said:

There's very little agenda.

Racially diverse schools in Queens, NY is factual.

Why is telling the truth an agenda but lying and depicting NYC as nearly all white not an agenda? 

That's very true, but certain characters were not "diverse" in the comics and were changed most likely for SJW PC  reasons.  I'm sure there are enough white kids in Queens that those characters could have been white and it would not have looked out of place.  Introduce some new characters who are "diverse" and there would be zero issue.

1 minute ago, Gumby said:

That's very true, but certain characters were not "diverse" in the comics and were changed most likely for SJW/PC reasons. I'm sure there are enough white kids in Queens that those characters could have been white and it would not have looked out of place. Introduce some new characters who are "diverse," and there would be zero issue.

N286L2K.gif

1 minute ago, Gumby said:

That's very true, but certain characters were not "diverse" in the comics and were changed most likely for SJW PC  reasons.  I'm sure there are enough white kids in Queens that those characters could have been white and it would not have looked out of place.  Introduce some new characters who are "diverse" and there would be zero issue.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

Vulture was fine with one really good scene. I think people are getting overexcited because there's a villain who doesn't suck for a change.

He "fine" throughout the movie.

The big scene was great but the Vulture's motivations, his conflicts, and Keaton's acting are solid the entire film.

I wouldn't call Vulture the GOAT or anything but I found the character compelling beyond that one scene.

1 hour ago, grey ghost said:

Yes.

THe World Trade Center trailer blew me away and got me super hyped.

But then the first full trailer totally conflicted with my expectations and it was downhill from there.

That's fine but it matters not.  A great many people consider Spider-Man one of the best Superhero movies ever made. It had a huge box office, became a cultural phenomenon (merchandising, character awareness and popularity) and had tremendous word of mouth. Audiences cheered during the movie, clapped afterward and it was hard to get tickets in the 2nd and 3rd weekends of release.

So you may not care for it but it was a beloved and impactful film for far more moviegoers than those who who found it disappointing.  Most people like chocolate and find people who complain or constantly criticize it to just be weird and abnormal.  Thus most people don't make a point of openly and publicly denigrating things that seem to be universally loved by the general population.

It is fine to have a differing opinion but the more you point out to people how little your opinion matches the general population, the more it reduces the value of your opinions on all topics.  You just become that "weird, outlier" guy who doesn't realize he's not normal.

Why are you so hung up about this? You act like it's a horrible thing for non-white people to want to see themselves represented on the big screen. Audiences love characters for their personalities and actions, not for their race. 

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Of course not...you'd just be "wrong:)"...

This post is teasing, in case you haven't figured out that I don't get spun up in these comic wars...I just enjoy we have so many supers films that we can compare them - what an awesome world:)...

99% of everyone's superhero movie ranking in 1978:

1. Superman the Movie

2. Batman 66

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Gumby said:

Just like how Get Out was only praised because it was a black movie in which all the white characters were evil, racist pieces of shit, amirite? You continue doing you.

• Like 1

APES DEBUTED WITH $56.5M, SMH:$45.2M

Edited by Finnick
  • Like 6

24 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

People must still be attached to Bana's Hulk because he was the first one, using that logic.

People are still attached to Tobey's take because they liked/loved it - it's that simple.

And it's popular to do so.

Kind of like how the Cowboys are one of America's favorite NFL teams and they haven't been to the superbowl in over 20 years. 

Spoiler

Kinda joking. Don't get super pissed. :sparta:

3 hours ago, PPZVGOS said:

Non-English speakers have a hard time appreciating films, especially those with any kind of subtlety, so they just go for the spectacle or kiddie fare.

I find these kind of generalizations totally ridiculous.

US audiences go for spectacle and kiddie fare, too, just looks at the top 10 list...

• Like 2

WW GROSSED $6.89M, DOWN 30%

Edited by Finnick
  • Like 18