WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 150): Apes 56.3M | SMH 44.2M | DM3 19.4M | Baby 8.7M | Big Dick 7.5M | WW 6.8M | Wish Upon 5.5M | Tomatoes losing their power

7 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Maybe Adventure Time? Weird to have an untitled film only 11 months away from release. 

I doubt WB will have four DC films in one year, I assume the April and July DC slots will be given to other WB films,

I'm willing to bet it's a lighter theatrical DC animation movie that tested well.

SHC sequel will drop. There is zero doubt about it. The novelty of Spidey being in the MCU is now gone.

how is the previous Spider-Man films responsible for this film's second weekend drop? it makes no sense

SHC is an average film

that doesn't stand out in any way. That's why it won't have legs and likely have repeat viewings 

The sequel should get a different director that isn't just a "point and shoot" type guy 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

Yeah, it has to something cheap and cheerful that can make money on a lowish gross

Probably a DC Super Hero Girls theatrical movie. Or an adaptation of Adventure Time, Steven Universe, or Gumball

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

Probably a DC Super Hero Girls theatrical movie. Or an adaptation of Adventure Time, Steven Universe, or Gumball

DC Super Hero Girls would make sense as a tie in for the TV series much like Clone Wars did.

29 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I think Homecoming also suffered because of Holland's fatigue. 

Obviously I'm kidding, but I think this Holland guy is really annoying. Guy is everywhere. I don't know. I turn on the computer, and then something about him appears. Then, another interview. Then, another one. Even in the movie, I got the idea he was trying way too hard.

I'm in the minority, but I think this guy is really annoying and his image is being overexposed. Give the guy a rest, lol. 

It's almost like he's going through all the press junkets and stuff for a film he's in. Weird, huh?

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

DC Super Hero Girls would make sense as a tie in for the TV series much like Clone Wars did.

And they announced a few days before Comic Con. That'd make some bank and I wonder how @Cochofles and @TwoMisfits would feel about that.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

And they announced a few days before Comic Con. That'd make some bank and I wonder how @Cochofles and @TwoMisfits would feel about that.

It doesn't even need to do much to be successful, if it does $50-60m domestic then WB will be happy enough as it won't cost more than $5-10m to make.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Maybe it's that super hero girls film, or perhaps something original? Hard to say with as much we know. 

DC Super Hero Girls has an animated series coming to CN in 2018 so a feature length film which acts as a souped up pilot for the show is good promotion and easy money for WB

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 1

Just now, Jonwo said:

DC Super Hero Girls has an animated series coming to CN in 2018 so a feature length film which acts as a souped pilot for the show is good promotion and easy money for WB

And the fact they announced it few days before Comic Con makes me think it's that. Still we'll have 5 superhero movies in the summer, three of which in June.

4 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

You mean he's recovered from his errant stumbles?

Just now, Telemachos said:

You mean he's recovered from his errant stumbles?

The trolling so nice, he had to write it twice.

• Like 1

DC Super Hero Girls has an animated series coming to CN in 2018 so a feature length film which acts as a souped up pilot for the show is good promotion and easy money for WB

True, though I don't see making it huge money considering the brand is only a year old, could be good though.

Edited by Fancyarcher

Just now, YourMother said:

And the fact they announced it few days before Comic Con makes me think it's that. Still we'll have 5 superhero movies in the summer, three of which in June.

DC Superhero Girls is to Deadpool 2 what Captain Underpants was to Wonder Woman. :ph34r:

• Like 2

Just now, Fancyarcher said:

True, though I don't see making it huge money considering the brand is only a year old, should be good though.

Opening against Deadpool 2 may be good counterprogramming but I wonder how it would far against Incredibles 2.

DC Superhero Girls is to Deadpool 2 what Captain Underpants was to Wonder Woman. :ph34r:

An animated movie I overpredict while the other live action one I underpredict?

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1