WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 150): Apes 56.3M | SMH 44.2M | DM3 19.4M | Baby 8.7M | Big Dick 7.5M | WW 6.8M | Wish Upon 5.5M | Tomatoes losing their power

8 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

Sony is gonna kill the genre with all their stupid spinoffs

Why is DC Superhero girls there? Only thing is see is a new CN series

Warner Animation dated an untitled movie for June 1st. Odds are it'll likely be this due to it'll coincide with the series release and to piggyback on WW's success or another quick 2D adaptation like Adventure Time/Gumball. Some sources like Collider and comicbook says it's an animated DC movie.

Edited by YourMother

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

It's one of my favorites of the year (Power Rangers that is)

Yeah, I've seen them both...

Power Rangers was underrated, but it's no Spidey HC - Power Rangers is a pleasant B-grade-earning movie...not in the same league, but then expectations were a lot lower for it:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, John Marston said:

SHC sequel will drop. There is zero doubt about it. The novelty of Spidey being in the MCU is now gone.

how is the previous Spider-Man films responsible for this film's second weekend drop? it makes no sense

SHC is an average film

that doesn't stand out in any way. That's why it won't have legs and likely have repeat viewings 

The sequel should get a different director that isn't just a "point and shoot" type guy 

SMH has limited mass appeal but I wouldn't call it average.

It's an above average effort at the very least. Most people would probably rank it in their top 2 Spider-man movies and critics almost unanimously recommended it.

Also how much do you think TASM3 would be making?

We'd be looking at TF5 numbers at best right now.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

I would love a SHG film, and I agree that it would probably be an easy way to make some nice bank...

Thinking it'll have a sub $40M if CGI or $15M-$20M if not. The fact that Warner Animation announced a date for an untitled a few days prior to Comic Con, the series in 2018, and the fact that Smallfoot, their other 2018 movie is still in September, make it seem obvious it's this one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

You sure about that?

I loved Homecoming a lot more than most on here but I agree with Ethan on this one. I think the general consensus of the GA is better than ASM1 and 2, but not as good as Raimi's first two and it's good but not must see.

• Like 2

I think we've learned it's not easy for a franchise to return to it's former glory after 3 reboots and 6 movies under such a short amount of time.

What franchise, that's beyond the fourth movie this year, hasn't serious taken a serious hit.

Pirates of Caribbean nosedived.

Transformers nosedived.

Fast and Furious nosedived.

Despicable Me nosedived.

Alien Covenant nosedived.

Even series below 4 movies took a hit:

The Mummy nosedived.

Planet of the Apes nosedived.

Cars nosedived.

SMH will not only match ASM2, it will increase by 50%.

I feel like people are taken SMH's success for granted because they were spoiled by GotG2 and WW's success.

It may be frontload but I'd it's not a disappointment or critical failure by any stretch of the imagination. Also it's a miracle it's getting around 300 m when you consider how much franchise fatigue has killed several franchises this year and Spider-man should have the worst franchise fatigue of them all (third reboot in 15 years).

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 4