WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 150): Apes 56.3M | SMH 44.2M | DM3 19.4M | Baby 8.7M | Big Dick 7.5M | WW 6.8M | Wish Upon 5.5M | Tomatoes losing their power

19 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Possible depending were Spider Man finish:

John Wick 2: 113% improvement

Logan: 67% improvement

From the others to come, Cloverfield & Kingsman are 2 candidate.

My point was that there aren't many franchise films that increased from the last movie as much as SMH.

That's a major success in my book.

43 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Possible depending were Spider Man finish:

John Wick 2: 113% improvement

Logan: 67% improvement

From the others to come, Cloverfield & Kingsman are 2 candidate.

Blade Runner 2049 could have a pretty big increase!

:sparta:

1 hour ago, grey ghost said:

How many franchise films in 2017 had a bigger increase over the last movie than SMH will have?

Give credit where credit is due.

Marvel Studios had a huge mountain to climb between franchise fatigue and franchise baggage. Both of these factors doomed most franchises this year.

That would have impacted OW. Not legs. OW did ok. Here legs did not show it being a must watch.

So people didn't like the first Spider-Man movie because of audience Rotten Tomatoes ratings, which are completely inaccurate, but people loved Spider-Man Homecoming after dropping 62% in its second weekend? If it was more liked you think that would show up during the second weekend. No other comic book movies so far has dropped 62% their second weekend in 2017. And Spider-Man Homecoming is not a sequel despite people saying that now to defend the drop. It just isn't.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

7 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

That would have impacted OW. Not legs. OW did ok. Here legs did not show it being a must watch.

So based on you guys whether a movie is essential viewing is directly related to legs.

That means The Phantom Menace was much more essential viewing Than TDK.

TDK had a 52% 2nd weekend drop. Over two times bigger than TPM (20%).

I'm fair. I thought that BvS and SS horrible second weekend drops were word of mouth related and so did everyone else. What makes Homecoming different from those films that were judged to be disliked by the audience based on their bad second weekends? And why can't MOS use the competition excuse when it went up against 2 movies that totalled 150mil while Spidey only went up against an underperforming film that couldn't even muster a 58mil opening weekend?

If Spidey doesn't recover in it's subsequent weekends, then what will you say about that?

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

So people didn't like the first Spider-Man movie because of audience Rotten Tomatoes ratings, which are completely inaccurate, but people loved Spider-Man Homecoming after dropping 62% in its second weekend? If it was more liked you think that would show up during the second weekend. No other comic book movies so far has dropped 62% their second weekend in 2017. And Spider-Man Homecoming is not a sequel despite people saying that now to defend the drop. It just isn't.

How would you describe SMH?

It's not a new franchise. It clearly should be impacted by franchise fatigue.

The Phantom Menace had a way better 2nd weekend drop than Rogue One.

Which movie is better?

16 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I'm fair. I thought that BvS and SS horrible second weekend drops were word of mouth related and so did everyone else. What makes Homecoming different from those films that were judged to be disliked by the audience based on their bad second weekends? And why can't MOS use the competition excuse when it went up against 2 movies that totalled 150mil while Spidey only went up against an underperforming film that couldn't even muster a 58mil opening weekend?

If Spidey doesn't recover in it's subsequent weekends, then what will you say about that?

SS had much better legs than BvS but the movies have nearly the same reputation.

Legs don't tell the whole story.

BvS wasn't only bashed due to legs.

It had a crappy critical reception too.

5 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I don't compare movies that were released in 1999 to movies that were released in 2017. Different time, Different runs.

How convenient.

Anyway, Thor 2 had close to the 2nd weekend drop as Guardians of the Galaxy.

What does that say about each film's quality?

It's not anything to do with convenience it's to do with reality. Movie going has changed in the last 15 -20 years.  

Guardians of the Galaxy had a 3.5 multiplier while Thor 2 had a 2.4. Why is there any discussion about those two movies? Hit me up when Spider-Man: Homecoming has a 3.5 multiplier.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

15 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

It's not anything to do with convenience it's to do with reality. Movie going has changed in the last 15 -20 years.  

Guardians of the Galaxy had a 3.5 multiplier while Thor 2 had a 2.4. Why is there any discussion about those two movies? Hit me up when Spider-Man: Homecoming has a 3.5 multiplier.

But you're judging SMH completely based on the 2nd weekend drop though.

Based on the 2nd weekend drop Thor 2 is almost as good as Guardians of the Galaxy and Logan and better than Civil War.

Edited by grey ghost

1 hour ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

That "WOM is insane, y'all!!! Families love this thing!!!! Spidey-heads are head over heels about SM:H!!!" :P 

• Like 2