Hiccup23

CAYOM Magazine

7 minutes ago, Blankments said:

wait i thought ben foster was the main baddie in III?

Foster and Foster?!?

Spoiler

Ben is more of a background baddie in III while Jodie is in the forefront.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Spaghetti said:

Hide contents

Speaking of Ben Foster...I have to ask once and for all. Are you aware Jarek rhymes with Tarek?

Spoiler

FTR I came up with Jarek completely independent of Spark. I didn't even realize the names were similar until I read BtS.

And I guess it depends on how you pronounce it. Jarek is simply Jared but with a K instead of a D.

4 minutes ago, cookie said:
  Hide contents

FTR I came up with Jarek completely independent of Spark. I didn't even realize the names were similar until I read BtS.

And I guess it depends on how you pronounce it. Jarek is simply Jared but with a K instead of a D.

I just find it funny since they're both slimy political types who end up throwing their own people under the bus in favor of some higher power.

23 minutes ago, Spaghetti said:

Hide contents

I just find it funny since they're both slimy political types who end up throwing their own people under the bus in favor of some higher power.

Spoiler

This could've been elaborated on more (and will be in III), but the whole idea with Jarek is that he genuinely believes in his politics, but he partners up with Ares so they can both get what they want - Jarek wanting absolute rule over Khouga and overthrow Tamara's monarchy, and Ares wanting to harness the powers of the two sisters in order to extract pure Pallasyne from the planet's volcanic rock. Ares being Jarek's supplier and the far more dominant force in this alliance means though that he has full control over the terms of the partnership and can easily threaten Jarek to do as he says, as seen in the ending.

The parallel I had in mind from the very beginning was a major power (U.S/Russia) backing up an insurgent force (armed militia/alt-right) to topple a nation for mutual benefit. 

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, cookie said:
  Hide contents

This could've been elaborated on more (and will be in III), but the whole idea with Jarek is that he genuinely believes in his politics, but he partners up with Ares so they can both get what they want - Jarek wanting absolute rule over Khouga and overthrow Tamara's monarchy, and Ares wanting to harness the powers of the two sisters in order to extract pure Pallasyne from the planet's volcanic rock. Ares being Jarek's supplier and the far more dominant force in this alliance means though that he has full control over the terms of the partnership and can easily threaten Jarek to do as he says, as seen in the ending.

The parallel I had in mind from the very beginning was a major power (U.S/Russia) backing up an insurgent force (armed militia/alt-right) to topple a nation for mutual benefit. 

Sci-fi flicks that tackle neo-imperialism always get a plus from me. Really looking forward to Part Tres.

• Like 1

@cayommagazine 

Infinite Studios and MGM officially announce Jump Street: Generations for Holiday Y6.

Jump Street: Generations is written and directed by filmmaking visionaries Phil Lord and Christopher Miller. The film will be a satire of the recent surge of nostalgia driven revivals that both fail such as Dumb and Dumber Too and Zoolander 2, and succeed like Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

The film takes place humorously after the numerous Jump Street sequels at the end of 22 Jump Street, as Officer Schmidt (Jonah Hill) and Officer Jenko (Channing Tatum) are now running the Jump Street division as they must not only travel overseas and take down an international drug syndicate led by a diabolical fashionista (Elizabeth Banks) thanks to funding from Ghost (Peter Stormare) but train their troublesome successors (Awkwafina and Shamiek Moore) as they question if they’re too old for this shit.

The original cast from both films (Rob Riggle, Dave Franco, Brie Larson, Ice Cube, Jillian Bell, Amber Taylor West) are stated to return.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 3

@CayomMagazine

Project Lunar (aka Scrooge 3) now has the official title The Lost Charts of the Cosmos, described as a "seafaring adventure in outer space" and will be released in early Y7. Its follow-up A Crackle in Time will see a Y8 release. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, cookie said:

@CayomMagazine

Project Lunar (aka Scrooge 3) now has the official title The Lost Charts of the Cosmos, described as a "seafaring adventure in outer space" and will be released in early Y7. Its follow-up A Crackle in Time will see a Y8 release. 

Hmm

3 minutes ago, cookie said:
  Hide contents

I don't know if the Bryan Cranston here is deliberate or not.

lol no just a result from google searching hmm gif :sparta:

Just having some fun, and some moderate fear of a sequel to an insane overperformer opening same neighborhood as Pillars 3.

3 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

lol no just a result from google searching hmm gif :sparta:

Just having some fun, and some moderate fear of a sequel to an insane overperformer opening same neighborhood as Pillars 3.

Outside of Scavvies 3 being set for June/July I don't have a locked time frame for any of my other big guns (Scrooge, Zelda, Scandies) until I know what the surrounding competition looks like.

The "early Y7" part is more so the 3+ year gap doesn't become a 4-year gap.

Edited by cookie

2 minutes ago, cookie said:

Outside of Scavvies 3 being June/July I don't have a locked time frame for any of my other big guns (Scrooge, Zelda, Scandies) until I know what the surrounding competition looks like.

The "early Y7" part is more so the 3+ year gap doesn't become a 4-year gap.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Okay I'm glad Scavvies is for June/July because Ep2ilon is 99% gonna be President's Day weekend.