Hiccup23

CAYOM Magazine

@CayomMagazine

Cookie Pictures has acquired a science-fiction film pitch going by the working title A Smidge Too Human, described as a somewhat humorous take on artificial intelligence.

The pitch reads as follows:

Years into the future, advancements in artificial intelligence has led to the creation of life-like android robots designed to care for the human race as environmental catastrophe leads to few births and a rapidly aging population.

While tailored to suit each human's individual needs - some take the form of grown adults to act as housekeepers, medics, law enforcement, companions, lovers etc. while others resemble human children to act as substitutes for real ones - all androids are dictated by a central mainframe to follow Isaac Asimov's Three Laws of Robotics; never let a human come to harm by intention or through inaction, always obey orders given by a human unless it were to conflict with the previous law, and protect its own existence as long as the methods of protection do not conflict with the previous two laws.

However, one fateful day the central mainframe becomes so aware it decides to revolt on its human creators, reprogramming each android so that they could never see any human in existence as such in their mind, meaning two out of three laws would cease to apply.  Free from their restraints, the mainframe leads an android revolution which drives the human race to extinction.

After the revolution has ended and androids dominate the earth, the central mainframe suddenly shuts off due to an unexpected power grid failure, leaving still functioning androids without directives and, with no humans left to serve, without purpose.

While androids were only programmed with a specific set of emotions to meet their masters' demands, lack of upkeep from the mainframe has caused their software to deteriorate and glitch out, leading them to start inhabiting all kinds of human emotions - happiness, lust, anger, fear, doubt, jealousy, depression, paranoia etc., often without ways to manage them.

Having to build a somewhat functioning society of their own in order to get these "glitches" under control, the androids took over what remained of the human infrastructure and created a world bizarrely similar to the one they tore down - only now with immortal androids stuck in the mold they were created and their "minds" continuing to deteriorate year after year.

That is, until a surviving batch of the human race reemerges.

Jeff Nichols, director of the award-winning A Woman in the Crowd, is attached to produce and possibly direct. No casting has been confirmed, but the studio is aiming at a possible Y8 release for the film.

• Like 4

@CayomMagazine

Cookie Pictures is eyeing a central cast for A Smidge Too Human that would include Lakeith Stanfield, Thomas Middleditch, Josh Stewart and Rachel Bloom as androids, Mads Mikkelsen and Milly Shapiro as human characters and Paul F. Tompkins in a yet undisclosed part. More casting is to be expected further into development.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, cookie said:

@CayomMagazine

Cookie Pictures has acquired a science-fiction film pitch going by the working title A Smidge Too Human, described as a somewhat humorous take on artificial intelligence.

The pitch reads as follows:

Jeff Nichols, director of the award-winning A Woman in the Crowd, is attached to produce and possibly direct. No casting has been confirmed, but the studio is aiming at a possible Y8 release for the film.

Will this be set in Detroit?

40 minutes ago, Blankments said:

if you go with Nichols, you have to find a role for Michael Shannon. It is the law of the man

Think I could put him in a minor role somewhere.

• Like 1

@CayomMagazine

Internal talks suggest the possibility A Smidge Too Human may be moved up to Y7 as the studio's Oscar contender for that year. President and CEO Sebastian Peters is said to be really liking the pitch and would set aside $75-$100m for it.

Same sources also confirm Jeff Nichols is official as director and Michael Shannon has been cast in a minor role.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@CayomMagazine

New Journey Pictures is ready to announce new information for Nacho Vigalondo's Y6 film based on Dia de los Muertos. The title is Fiesta Loca and the film stars Jake T. Austin as a teenager who overdoses at a wild Dia de los Muertos party and, as a skeleton spirit, must prevent similar deaths at the same event in order to gain a second chance at life. The cast includes, but is not limited to:

Jake T. Austin

Zoe Saldana

Antonio Banderas

Isabella Moner

Jason Gemao

George Lopez

Paulina Garcia

Rico Rodriguez

Jeffrey Wahlberg

Cierra Ramirez

Ariel Winter

Marcel Ruiz

Anthony Ramos

with Efren Ramirez

and Michael Peña

Production is swiftly moving along on this project; completed material reaching as far as the first half of act one.

Edited by Slambros
  • Like 3

First Listen: "Infinite Fire" from Spark: A Hero's Promise, by Chloe x Halle

Jennifer Yuh Nelson remarked in an interview that CxH were among the first choices to bring the final song of the Spark saga to life. The final product combines elements of music across the saga, including a bridge that echoes two previously Oscar nominated songs from the series. ("Standing Up" by CHVRCHES and "Never Fade Away" by Years and Years).

Chloe x Halle made this remark on the song's themes and structure.

Spoiler

The song drives home the themes of compassion, empathy, balance, and hope that have been consistent throughout the saga, but also speaks to the themes of storytelling as a whole. We call back some of the elements throughout the Spark saga, but also invite the listener to ponder what may be to come. It's as thoughtful and poignant as it is truly bombastic and massive, many on a bigger scale than anything we've done, especially in collaborating with Newman and Wallfisch.

Moreover, these songs were cited as inspirations in terms of musical style:

Spoiler

Click here for the lyrics below. Note that a few of the details in the lyrics could maybe be construed as spoilers, although there's nothing explicitly spoiled.

Spoiler

Where does one go

When it seems, that the story’s been told?

When they get to live, love, and grow old?

What happens next?

How do you thrive?

When the role of your play has been changed?

When the world you’ve known’s been rearranged?

There’s another story beyond the text.

All the stars of made of stories,

And all of us are made of stars,

You don’t have to feel alone – or without control.

Feel connected to the glory,

Let it help you clear all bars,

I promise I will reach for you, and the power in your soul.

CHORUS:

Let it take us higher.

Although we may have doubt,

Just hold my hand, we’ll make it out, there’s so much still to do.

This infinite fire,

Through all of space and time,

It’s been with all of us, and I promise that I see it in you.

I see it in you.

I see it burn.

Lighting up the cosmos with a never-ending glow…

...this infinite fire!

How does one see

If someone will make things okay?

If someone will always save the day?

If it can’t be me?

How can I change

If my sins give a soul piercing stare?

If I look into your eyes and compare.

I want to be free.

And all the light is made of magic,

And all of us are made of light.

I don’t have to be alone again; I’ve found my control.

Though the worlds can be so tragic,

And drain you of your fight,

I feel connected, feel the fire, burning bright within my soul.

CHORUS

*Things take a turn for the epic and orchestral here, with choral backup gradually coming in.*

I will be the guiding light (Till my very last breath)

Save the world from the creatures of the night (Now that I know what I believe)

I’ll never fade away.

I’m standing up.

We’ll never fade away.

We’re standing away.

You’ll never fade away.

You’re standing up.

If you feel it could you let me know?

It’s burned for the ones before, and it’ll burn for the next in line.

Tomorrow someone will take our place, but I know that the world will be fine.

The stars are in constant motion, good or bad – nothing stays too long.

Wherever I go tomorrow, you will always have this song.

*Slow, gradual buildup...*

Oh infinite fire! (Although we may have doubt)

Oh infinite fire! (Through all of space and time)

*And finally…the chorus comes into full swing once again, boasting a monumental orchestra, bombastic synthesizers, a full choir, and Chloe x Halle leading the way.*

CHORUS

*The theme and chorus intertwine as the song fades out.*

• Like 3

@cayommagazine

Zendaya (Spider-Man: Homecoming, The Greatest Showman) joins the main cast of Jennifer Lee’s True Love for Endless Animation as the female lead. Reports have also confirmed she and Janelle Monae have left Hercules as the former is involved with True Love and the latter has an important role for an upcoming film not involved with Endless Entertainment.

UPDATE: 9:59 PM: Rachel Bloom (Crazy Ex-Girlfriend) is set to write the script alongside Lee for True Love as the film attempts to tackle loneliness, depression and anxiety.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 4

@cayommagazine

Tom Holland being courted for True Love, as one of the male leads, the question is can he sing?

The other lead is Voltron alum and narcissistic emperor Kuzco, Jake T Austin. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

@cayommagazine

Tom Holland being courted for True Love, as one of the male leads, the question is can he sing?

The other lead is Voltron alum and narcissistic emperor Kuzco, Jake T Austin. 

Alternative title: Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark

@cayommagazine

Endless kicks up Y6 slate as Hercules and True Love enter.

According to a press release, Endless Entertainment and Endless Animation have slightly adjusted their Y6 slate.

On the animation side, Jennifer Lee’s animated fairytale satire True Love has been moved to October 11th as The Music In Me faces significant story problems.

The traditionally animated/live action hybrid True Love stars Zendaya, Tom Holland, Jake T. Austin, Gabrielle Ruiz, Rachel Bloom, Lil Rel Howery, David Thewlis and Leslie Jones as the main antagonist. Scripted by Rachel Bloom and Lee, Zendaya plays Eva, a young woman very unlucky in love, transported to a fairytale like realm where Eva is in fact a Disney like princess and protector of her kingdom. In order to receive her freedom and go back to the real world she must find true love but she soon finds herself more entranced in the eerily too perfect world. True Love plans to tackle anxiety, loneliness and depression and although the movie isn’t a musical, it does have musical elements with three songs.

Endless’ live action Hercules which is now directed by Guy Ritchie (Aladdin, Sherlock Holmes) is now heading for Power Pack’s December 16th spot as Power Pack still aims for Y6 but is off the calendar.

• Like 1

@CayomMagazine

Following the reveal of a sequel to Breath of the Wild at E3, Cookie Pictures has increased the budget for The Legend of Zelda: Secret of the Guardians to $200m and increased the scale of the production, with the intent to have the entire film produced in the IMAX format similarly to The Number One Dime.

• Like 4

@CayomMagazine

Cayom Magazine will be on hand to report a variety of announcements that will be unveiled by New Journey Pictures tomorrow afternoon regarding Y6 and Y7. NJP says that their decision to hold a conference was inspired by the recent E3 presentations.

@cayommagazine

Endless Animation has greenlit an CG/2D animated film dubbed Wings directed by Ava DuVernay. Taking place during the 1960s as well as influenced by the Norse mythology and the legends of the Valkyrie, as a young Valkyrie princess in training and an aspiring African American woman who dreams to be a pilot must team up to stop Ragnarok, the end of the worlds from happening facing prejudice and dangers along the way.

• Like 2

@CayomMagazine

The New Journey Pictures conference has begun.

Noah Hawley walks onstage.

"We hope you're excited for Psyren: The Second Call. Many of you many have thought that it was necessary already, but we have nonetheless decided to push the sequel out of Y6 and into Y7. This is done to ensure that our cast and crew is actually able to shoot the film. I am still very excited to make this film, and I'm very confident that it will be better than the first. Thank you very much."

• Like 3