CJohn

DUNKIRK WEEKEND THREAD | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS | Official estimates Dunkirk 50.5M, GT 30.3M, SMH 22M, Apes 20.4M, Val 17M | Wonder Woman is the new summer champ with 389M total | Summer Sale is Live!

1 minute ago, Emperor Tele-Limai said:

Technically none of those are extras. :ph34r: 

I have no desire to play semantics WCE. While I realize you're right, I'm not gonna just lie down to your superior Hollywood-inside authority just because

• Haha 1

Just now, TwoMisfits said:

Nothing like spreading Tele's love, optimism, sunshine, and unicorns on the board to other posters:)...

It's all out of love

1 minute ago, Emperor Tele-Limai said:

The very end of INTERSTELLAR is quite nice. The preceding -- 30 min? 45 min? -- might be Nolan's worst stuff ever, though. 

3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

fuck you. this is a horrible opinion. go back to school old man

4 minutes ago, Emperor Tele-Limai said:

The very end of INTERSTELLAR is quite nice. The preceding -- 30 min? 45 min? -- might be Nolan's worst stuff ever, though. 

Basically when Matt Damon comes out of the tinfoil.

• Like 1

guys please. i still have ptsd from the thousands of pages spent dissecting interstellar three years ago. or any nolan movie. credit to dunkirk it doesn't give you particulars to hash over ad nauseam about.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

Okay for serious what's not to like? I don't understand what the complain is

Character motivations make no sense

The bookshelf shit is very convoluted 

It makes the film's pacing come to a screeching halt

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

guys please. i still have ptsd from the thousands of pages spent dissecting interstellar three years ago. or any nolan movie. credit to dunkirk it doesn't give you particulars to hash over ad nauseam about.

Fine.

Is Gravity a sci-fi movie?

• Like 1

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

Okay for serious what's not to like? I don't understand what the complain is

Dunno if it's worth going on a rant about it years after the fact, but the tl;dr version is dubious plotting, lots of contrivance, and some very weird/lame/awkward character beats. 

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

There are two parts to Interstellar: pre-Matt Damon and post-Matt Damon. The former? Some of the best work Nolan has crafted. The latter? Awful. Just awful.

So...

Matt Damon appears about 95 minutes into the movie. There's still another 70 minutes.

The docking and Gargantua scene is rather marvelous stuff as well. It's definitely uneven but...parsing it down like that is wrong.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1