MCKillswitch123

WEEKEND THREAD | Weekend actuals (pg. 87 onward) - Dunkirk: 26.6M; The Emoji Movie: 24.5M; Girls Trip: 19.6M; Atomic Blonde: 18.2M; SM Homecoming: 13.2M; War For The POTA: 10.4M; Despicable Me 3: 7.4M; Valerian: 6.3M; Baby Driver: 3.9M; Wonder Woman: 3.3M

59 minutes ago, grim22 said:

If that holds, 400M by next Sunday will happen.

Definitely.

It'll be looking at a 6m week. And if it holds comparably next weekend, it'll pass 400 next Saturday. And it likely passes Spider-Man the following weekend.

2 minutes ago, DamienRoc said:

Definitely.

It'll be looking at a 6m week. And if it holds comparably next weekend, it'll pass 400 next Saturday. And it likely passes Spider-Man the following weekend.

So I guess the only upcoming films of 2017 with a chance to outgross Wonder Woman domestically are Justice League and The Last Jedi (well, TLJ is a lock to do that)? Right? Unless something comes out of left field and tears through the box office like Diana through no man's land.

2 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

So I guess the only upcoming films of 2017 with a chance to outgross Wonder Woman domestically are Justice League and The Last Jedi (well, TLJ is a lock to do that)? Right? Unless something comes out of left field and tears through the box office like Diana through no man's land.

Well...maybe IT can do it :ph34r: 

• Like 1

So I guess the only upcoming films of 2017 with a chance to outgross Wonder Woman domestically are Justice League and The Last Jedi (well, TLJ is a lock to do that)? Right? Unless something comes out of left field and tears through the box office like Diana through no man's land.

I have my doubts JL can hit 400m, that's a large jump from BvS.

Pay no attention to the Nolanites that think Dunkirk will get an 8X OW multiplier

iJack's SMH 400M DOM club was dead after the second weekend drop

Diana has the summer DOM crown

• Like 5

6 hours ago, CJohn said:

Yeah, I have to declare that Summer is officially over, folks. Time to hibernate until Thor kicks off the holidays. See you in 3 months!

Give up not, young/old(?) warrior. Annabelle: Creation and The Hitman's Bodyguard are still coming, and when they come, they WILL come.

1.) Dunkirk (WB), 3,748 theaters (+28)/ $8.2M Fri. (-58%) / 3-day cume: $28.2M (-44%)/Total: $103M

Great hold considering weekdays were strong. 180 dom could happen imo.

3). Girls Trip (UNI), 2,648 theaters (+57) / $5.9M Fri. (-50%) / 3-day cume: $19.2M (-38%)/Total: $64.6M

Should beat 113 dom of BAD MOMS easily. Going after GB 2016/CI.

5). Spider-Man: Homecoming (SONY/MARVEL), 3,625 theaters (-505)/ $3.8M Fri. / 3-day cume: $13.4M (-39%)/Total: $278.3M/

That's a very strong hold. Just 32 away from 310 (2.65x) after a 13+ weekend. Wouldn't rule out 316 (2.7x).

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 3

WONDR O/U SM1 won't even be nailbiter. 

3x more this weekend will take it to 395.7+3.8*3 = 407.1

But at this stage it should do add more than 3x the weekend to it's cume.

• Like 1

Just now, a2knet said:

WONDR O/U SM1 won't even be nailbiter. 

3x more this weekend will take it to 395.7+3.8*3 = 407.1

But at this stage it should do add more than 3x the weekend to it's cume.

Yep, Civil War and Iron Man 3 are surely going down, last achieve would be to hit 4x multiplier, it needs 413.0m

• Like 2

1 minute ago, picores said:

Yep, Civil War and Iron Man 3 are surely going down, last achieve would be to hit 4x multiplier, it needs 413.0m

Could WONDR's dom beat it's os?

1 hour ago, Cochofles said:

Jumanji? (JK of course but I can see $200M+ for it).

• Like 1

Im extremely happy for Baby Driver, its great to see a film like it cruise past 100M. I was sad when John Wick 2 didnt manage it.

Wonder Woman is hysterical.

Without previews, Dunkirks hold is impressive. GT is performing like a bigger Bad Moms, its good to see the comedy genre finally having a hit again.

Spidey is doing great overall. 300M+ domestic is a fantastic result. Apes atleast didnt drop another 60% :( How high are its chances at 140M?

Valerian....

• Like 5