MCKillswitch123

WEEKEND THREAD | Weekend actuals (pg. 87 onward) - Dunkirk: 26.6M; The Emoji Movie: 24.5M; Girls Trip: 19.6M; Atomic Blonde: 18.2M; SM Homecoming: 13.2M; War For The POTA: 10.4M; Despicable Me 3: 7.4M; Valerian: 6.3M; Baby Driver: 3.9M; Wonder Woman: 3.3M

1 hour ago, El Panda Machos said:

Wolf Warriors 2 had a larger OW in China than anything in the US this summer bar GOTG2.

1 hour ago, That Atomic Guy said:

It's also the highest grossing OW for a film made outside of Hollywood.  Very impressive.

And according to our freinds in china thread, might be the highest grossing movie in a single territory this summer, beating wonder woman's domestic gross. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

And according to our freinds in china thread, might be the highest grossing movie in a single territory this summer, beating wonder woman's domestic gross. 

Not an expert in China's BO by any means, but looking given the relative absence of competition it could theoretically end up the highest grossing film in a single territory of the whole year. Assuming it performs something like The Mermaid.

At least still Star Wars comes along, anyway.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

giphy.gif

and it's just as I see BOT forum as IMAX 70mm......

and speaking of IMAX, this is the only 4 movies(to my best knowledge) that managed to break 20% IMAX share gross in their opening weekend(conventional wide-release)

1) Interstellar: 28.3%

2) Dunkirk: 23.2%

3) Gravity: 21.2%

4) Pacific Rim: 21.1%

The martian didn't have IMAX version in its showing.....

It seems that Nolan-involvement has advantage in IMAX theater!

Tron Legacy also did about 25% way back when

1 minute ago, AndyK said:

Is the UK now classed as Hollywood?

By this logic, The Force Awakens is has the biggest opening weekend for a film made outside of Hollywood.

Edited by aabattery

7 minutes ago, aabattery said:

By this logic, The Force Awakens is has the biggest opening weekend for a film made outside of Hollywood.

Correct !

Chancellor of the Exchequer George Osborne, who was even rewarded with a credit on “Star Wars: The Force Awakens,”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-07-26/wonder-woman-saves-the-u-k-economy

Edited by AndyK

8 minutes ago, AndyK said:

C'mon now. You know what everyone meant.

Justice League is an American film, produced by four American companies and will be distributed by another American company. It's very much part of the Hollywood system. Same for Star Wars.

Edited by aabattery
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, aabattery said:

C'mon now. You know what everyone meant.

Justice League is an American film, produced by four American companies and will be distributed by another American company. It's very much part of the Hollywood system. Same for Star Wars.

I know what you meant, I was being facetious.

BTW is James Bond or Valerian classed as a foreign ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, That Atomic Guy said:

Next thing you know, Aquaman is an experimental film.

Flashpoint is going to be a Moldovian-made snuff film.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3