Alli

Weekend Thread. Dark Tower 19.5...Dunkirk 17.6....Emoji 12.3...Girls Trip 11.4 not sure what page| Not the sex thread

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I haven't payed attention to the best of the year BOT list and the Boffies in like 2 or 3 years. I can say my life and health has greatly improved since then.

Or not having sex in playgrounds is probably why. 

But as any math or science major will tell you....causation does not equal correlation.

So I don't know if for sure you not having sex in playgrounds is why your health has greatly improved, but there might be some statistical significance that shows it. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I doubt Pitch Perfect 3 has a big fanbase.

28 minutes ago, Nova said:

No one cares about the six billion dollar man, okay Tele. 

28 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

we're only talking about movies out so far you old fart...

and I don't think Jumanji will be that will liked

25 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Ah yes FERDINAND should do quite well here.

13 minutes ago, That Floating Guy said:

I too am excited for Polaroid

lol

11 minutes ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

CJohn went from blatant system gaming to a defiant rejection of the BOT Top 25.

Said rejection does not mean he keeps quiet about the choices, though. 

I gamed the system to give your Mad Max a deserved victory. And that was the last year I gave a fuck about the BOT Top 25.

Boffies I have no clue what the fuck is going on there for the past 2 or 3 years and I have never seen last year's top movies of the year per BOT either. I never mentioned it.

2 hours ago, filmnerdjamie said:

Despicable Me, like Shrek before it, was a genuine surprise and a highlight in a most shitty summer. In fact it's amazing how many have forgotten just how popular the ogre was 10 years ago. Goes to show how one shitty film (Shrek the Third) can sink a ship.

To this day unadjusted for inflation (otherwise Madagascar beats Shrek Forever After) all four of the Shrek films are still the highest grossing Dreamworks films in North America. Despite other good franchises box office wise like Madagascar, Kung Fu Panda and How To Train Your Dragon they have never again reached the box office heights of those Shrek films. Even Worldwide Dreamworks hasn't had a film gross higher than Shrek Forever After which was way back in 2010.

Which is why I think it's inevitable Shrek 5 will happen.  

And it also does make me curious as to how Illumination will do once they wind down the Despicable Me franchise. 

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I don't even know what was the top 25 in the last 2 years lol. I voted for the Mad Max one and I know it won, but I never saw what were the other movies in there. Boffies I have no clue what the fuck is going on there for the past 2 or 3 years and I have never seen last year's top movies of the year per BOT either. I never mentioned it.

last year's number 1 was Arrival

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, YourMother said:

My duty is to make sure a Lego Movie gets into the top 25 this year.

If you give me 15 worthy choices for #11-25, I'll make a list and put it in my Top 10 (since it's tied for the top of my "seen" list with WW and Spidey:)...and yes, those choices can include Lego Ninjago 15 times, although that might get my list thrown out...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

last year's number 1 was Arrival

Good for BOT for showing some taste. I am sure there was massive nonsense in the rest tho. There always is.

let's see how much of the list I remember

1. Arrival

2. La La Land

3. Zootopia

4. Hacksaw Ridge

5. Hell or High Water

6. Manchester by the Sea

7/8. Rogue One/Deadpool

9. The Nice Guys

10. 10 Cloverfield Lane

11. Kubo and the two Strings

12. Moana?