CJohn

WEEKEND THREAD | ANNABELLE 2 - $35m; DUNKIRK - $11.4m; NUT JOB 2 - $8.9m; BABY DRIVER Crosses $100m!!!

5 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Speaking of horror, I was reminded that this exists

Not sure whether Pacino or De Niro had a steeper fall anymore.

I always picture that this is really Pacino talking about a finished copy of the film and Sandler edited in the Dunkin Donuts commercial. I mean burn all copies, whoever's seen this needs to be spoken to. I'm sure this was all things he told Sandler about the film. 

Edited by Rman823

40 minutes ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

I have my doubts at anything over 50m for BR. 

35 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I'd be really surprised if Blade Runner 2049 did anything less than say, 70m.

I'm just going to hope for an excellent movie and not be too worried about the box office. After all, we're not hoping for a new franchise here (at least I don't think we are??), so if I get a movie that entertains me, that'll be enough.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, aabattery said:

A:C's OD is gonna be very close to A:C's OD, but it will be quite a bit higher than AC's OD.

News bulletin:

crazy man found wandering in the wilderness, thinks he's a bush

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, filmlover said:

Soldado (the Sicario sequel) being dated for around 4th of July seems like the biggest sign of confidence, only other movies currently set for that date are comedies (I Feel Pretty, Tag).

Shocked we didn't get a Jump Street release date for around then, but then again they need to attach Lord/Miller to it

If we don't get it next year, we will never get a third one :( 

5 hours ago, DAJK said:

Post Deadpool has really bolstered his image among fanboys/younger male crowd.

And maybe the geek crowd forgives him too for Green lantern 

I think if the concept is appealing enough, and maybe the reviews are there, then maybe The Hitman's Bodyguard will open to decent numbers.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, YourMother said:

Spidey Future predictions:

Venom: $40M/$115M

Miles: $30M/$135M

Silver: $65M/$190M

Homecoming 2: (if the spinoffs are good and it moves to August): $125M/$350M

Homecoming 2: (if the spinoffs are bad and stays in July): $95M/$230M

Miles will easily be the biggest of the spinoffs. No one knows who the fuck Silver and Black are and I don't trust Sony's marketing to do well on that front. Meanwhile, Venom is niche without Spidey being there to help. Miles has Christmas weekdays plus a huge family audience awaiting it

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Rth Atmos said:

Give A:C bit of a reprieve 15.5

So what you're saying is that Homecoming is under TGC's $1.7m? That isn't a good jump from Thursday at all, especially if compared with SS. It doesn't bode well for late dom legs.