CJohn

Obi-Wan Kenobi | Disney+

On 3/19/2022 at 11:49 AM, Marek the Jedi said:

we should have D+ sometime in summer over here in Slovakia and Czech republick, hopefully before KENOBI start :)
they are removing Disney stuff from HBO MAX begining in april, so maybe good chance to get it in MAY :)

June 14th is the date Disney+ will come there for you

https://dmedmedia.disney.com/news/disney-plus-sets-dates-for-summer-2022-launches

Sucks that they are not launching in time for Obi Wan for all of the countries with the exception of South Africa.

• Sad 1
  • Knock It Off 1

On 3/29/2022 at 10:32 AM, Potiki said:

June 14th is the date Disney+ will come there for you

https://dmedmedia.disney.com/news/disney-plus-sets-dates-for-summer-2022-launches

Sucks that they are not launching in time for Obi Wan for all of the countries with the exception of South Africa.

thank you, yeah I know, well they could get even more new customers if it was with start of KENOBI, but I don't know what is behind it... they could have that day locked long time ago, or they are not prepared yet.... who knows...

seems like they will have many more movies compare to HBO MAX wich started few weeks ago... and for many folks here,
a LOT of dubbings in czech but most importantly in slovak language - mainly for kids :)

(btw. I was shocked to see slovak language with new DUNE :D on Hbo Max)

any way, I am sure I will watch KENOBI each episode  right after premiere :D

• Like 1

What's even the point of having a Friday premiere, only for the remaining episodes to go on Wednesday? If they were afraid of crossover or competition with Ms. Marvel (which is something I still don't get btw), wouldn't they just move the whole show? Seems dumb to me.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Eric the Living Vampire said:

What's even the point of having a Friday premiere, only for the remaining episodes to go on Wednesday? If they were afraid of crossover or competition with Ms. Marvel (which is something I still don't get btw), wouldn't they just move the whole show? Seems dumb to me.

A few possibilities.

1] They feel that the first two episodes work better thematically being seen back-to-back and so they're joining them up together.

2] They're tying it in to SW Celebration for some godforsaken reason.

3] There's a miscommunication somewhere along the line and the rest of the episodes will be on Fridays, even though the accompyaning news article on starwars.com said it reverts to Wed.

4] They want those two extra days for reasons.  Wouldn't think so, but I'm already running out of ideas.

5:

bJTiO57.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

OWK isn't even out yet and people are clamoring "What's Next?!?"

Ewan McGregor open to another Obi-Wan Kenobi return: "I’d be totally up for that"

By Jack Shepherd published 

Exclusive: Ewan McGregor tells Total Film: "I got as much, or more, out of playing him this time than I did in the first three movies put together" (Image credit: Lucasfilm)

After the Star Wars prequels finished filming, Ewan McGregor could barely imagine himself returning as Obi-Wan Kenobi. Now, two decades on from appearing in The Phantom Menace, McGregor's back as Obi-Wan in a new series for Disney Plus. And while the show has been conceived as a limited, six-episode run, McGregor's experience was so positive that he would happily return as the Jedi knight.

"If we were to get an opportunity to do it again, I’d be totally up for that," he tells Total Film in the new issue of the magazine, which features Obi-Wan Kenobi on the cover. McGregor's Star Wars comeback was first suggested back in the mid-2010s, when the actor first began publicly expressing interest in returning to the role. 

"Here I go again," he jokes. "It’s like me knocking at Disney’s door again!”

Reflecting on filming the new series, McGregor says: "It was nice to come back and to bridge that gap between me and Alec Guinness. I got as much, or more, out of playing him this time than I did in the first three movies put together. That’s to do with the writing, and the people we were making the series with, and the technology, and how different everything is. 
In the cover story of the new issue of Total Film magazine, McGregor, Darth Vader actor Hayden Christensen, co-star Moses Ingram, and director Deborah Chow talk in-depth about Obi-Wan and his new adventure.

The first two episodes of Obi-Wan Kenobi will premiere on Disney Plus on Friday, May 27, with subsequent episodes premiering on Wednesdays. For much more from McGregor and co, check out the new issue of Total Film when it hits shelves on Thursday, April 28.

Mind, I totes understand the feeling behind that sentiment. :lol: 

Still, depending on how this goes over and ***IF*** LFL can get a compelling story for a return, I'd be shocked if there wasn't more Ewan McGregor in Disney Plus' future.

I mean, at this point OBW is practically over, right? A simple matter of plus 60 days there, minus 60 days here, a small margin of error really. It only makes sense that people would turn their eye away from the present to the more exciting matter of 2026

Edited by Illuminegion Confirmed

39 minutes ago, Illuminegion Confirmed said:

I mean, at this point OBW is practically over, right? A simple matter of plus 60 days there, minus 60 days here, a small margin of error really. It only makes sense that people would turn their eye away from the present to the more exciting matter of 2026

It's not really a surprise that SW fans are this way.  One of the central tenets of SW is to look to the future; to the horizon, and not focus on the here and now.

*checks cheat sheet*

*reads again*

Well, preeeeeeety sure that's what it said. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2