CJohn

Obi-Wan Kenobi | Disney+

14 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

But daisy was a "mary sue" at least by the end of the trilogy.

Lots of characters have mary suish traits esp action movie  and chosen one tropes  but the issue is that she gained all those skills and powers without much training yet the previous movies established skills are acquired through training and experience .

We don't care about John wick,tom cruise, bond because it's the written that way internally in their universe and the resulting sequels carry it onwards.

The problem with rey is that how she attains her power contradicts with what was established in previous movies and other starwars content and it severely undermines the stakes and turns the force into a dragon ball z power.

Anakin being the chosen one and having large amount of midichlorians  than many didn't stop his ass from being bitten by both doku and obi wan bse they were both more experienced and knew more. He reached his peak as vader and some of the shit she pulls off in ROS is insane.

I agree that her character Rey was underwritten as too perfect for a protagonist, but Daisy Ridley was great and charismatic in the role.  The greatest fault of the ST is the utter waste of Daisy Ridley and Adam Driver IMO.  My point was that terminally online chuds and beardtubers going after actors with personal attacks or bigotry because they didn't like the way their characters were written in their favorite space wizard franchise is pathetic.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 1

Alright, I wanted to avoid this, but since aappppppppaprently, we can't let a good "LFL vs Fans" 'controversy' slide by, this all started when Moses Ingram shared on Instagram some racist DMs she'd been receiving:

Note the time stamp.

So the SW Twitter account comes to her defense:

Again, note the time stamps (especially since I didn't bother to track down exactly when Moses Ingram made her post).

So this *****ISN'T***** 'a preemptive shield against "legitimate" criticism', but the official SW account having Ingram's back.

Think what you want of her performance (I thought it was fantastic, personally).  But this isn't a LFL vs the fans situation but LFL defending one of their actors.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

8 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

I agree that her character Rey was underwritten as too perfect for a protagonist, but Daisy Ridley was great and charismatic in the role.  The greatest fault of the ST is the utter waste of Daisy Ridley and Adam Driver IMO.  My point was that terminally online chuds and beardtubers going after actors with personal attacks or bigotry because they didn't like the way their characters were written in their favorite space wizard franchise is pathetic.

Yeah all the acting was good, it's the script and world building that let it down.

Personally  don't like "it's a story about space wizards" .it's another buzzword thrown against criticism even though some maybe a little too but picky.

It's just makes a franchise that changed cinema and influenced many others seem so insignificant .

16 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Alright, I wanted to avoid this, but since aappppppppaprently, we can't let a good "LFL vs Fans" 'controversy' slide by, this all started when Moses Ingram shared on Instagram some racist DMs she'd been receiving:

Note the time stamp.

So the SW Twitter account comes to her defense:

Again, note the time stamps (especially since I didn't bother to track down exactly when Moses Ingram made her post).

So this *****ISN'T***** 'a preemptive shield against "legitimate" criticism', but the official SW account having Ingram's back.

Think what you want of her performance (I thought it was fantastic, personally).  But this isn't a LFL vs the fans situation but LFL defending one of their actors.

Ok then .  I overreacted quite  Abit .

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Knights of Ren said:

User score on metacritic is a 4.5/10, from all the shitbag racist trolling. 

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/obi-wan-kenobi/user-reviews

Metacritic user score is  shit. Honestly can't trust non verified AS on RT but it's even better . Both RT and metacritic are very susceptible to online brigading

IMDb is at 8.1 which sounds about right. Yeah trolls are there too but it's accumulates lots of reviews which render troll reviews negligible in the long run . Reception is good but not good as mandalorian.

It's also great to see studios, in particular Disney, are starting to take a stand against these bullies (claiming to be fans), hopefully they'll also do so next year for Halle Bailey when The Little Mermaid comes out. Before they would just ignore it instead of calling them out for being bigoted A-holes who need to get their own houses in order.

• Like 1

Spoiler

Bro, they doing Vader so well. Holy shit this is HYPE.

The confrontation between Obi-wan and Anakin, this is what I want. 

edit:

Spoiler

Vader burning Obi-wan damn, he's been wanting to that for a while I bet.

Reva at the end being scary as shit with Leia, this episode makes the first 2 look bad ... and those first two episodes were great and I love them.

Please please please can the next 3 episodes be this good 🤞It might reach ESB levels for me if that is the case!

Edited by Potiki
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Potiki said:
  Hide contents

Bro, they doing Vader so well. Holy shit this is HYPE.

The confrontation between Obi-wan and Anakin, this is what I want. 

Spoiler

Some people are gonna be pissssssed tho.

Mark my words, they are gonna be pisssssed at Obi-Wan being tossed around like a rag doll here, not taking into account his mental state at the time.  

Or, in fact, that this is obviously just "Round 2" and that it's very very likely they'll meet again later down the line during this series.

If I had to guess, a fitting subtitle to this series might very well be "How Obi Wan Got His Groove Back".

Doubt.  Fear.  Regret.  This is running through Obi-Wan like a river right now.  If this series has a point, and I'm sure it does, it's about how he overcomes his doubt, fear, and regret.

• Like 5

Meanwhile...

Spoiler

Most... curious about the Grand Inquisitor and lack thereof.

Very curious, aksually.  Now gonna have to hold off Final Thoughts on that until the series concludes, I think.

• Like 1

That episode was quite fantastic.  @Porthos I 100% agree with your analysis on Obi.

Spoiler

Loved pretty much everything about the episode.  Things heated up much faster than I expected.  There will definitly be another fight between Vader and Obi, and as Porthos said, this series is going to be about Obi Wan getting his groove back.  He's rusty, but you can see he is finding his way already in his beliefs.  

My only qualm is sometimes its obvious they are on a TV budget. 

• Like 3

Meanwhile this now an Indira Varma Stan Account and none of you can stop me.

WOW was she great in her role.  More.  MORE.  MOAAAAAR

Edited by Porthos
Accidently typed in the name wrong for the actress because I was trying to hunt down the appropiate credit and whiffed. Shame on me! :lol: Fixed
  • Like 2

Final Plot thoughts for the night:

Spoiler

Could this series be any less subtle that Qui-Gon is coming back in some form? 

I know "subtle and light plot touches" isn't exactly a strong suit of Star Wars, but even here, they're laying it on a little thick. :hahaha:

Not that I mind, as sometimes a sledgehammer really does need to be used to get through the skulls of our fandom.  But I'm not sure they could telegraph Obi-Wan re-establishing contact with Qui-Gon (again in some way shape or form) any clearer than they already are. :lol:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Meanwhile this now an Indira Varma Stan Account and none of you can stop me.

WOW was she great in her role.  More.  MORE.  MOAAAAAR

This is getting out hand! Now, there are two of them ❤️

865ab582078b98c8f9da0a10d81a281c--game-o

• Haha 4