cookie

CAYOM - Franchise by rights thread

I don't see why Impact can't recast TNG's original cast as a reboot.

He could do that, but it worked with the Abrams Trek because it went to the beginning of the Kirk era with an alternate timeline. I don't think a straight-up reboot of TNG would work as well, but we'll see. Edited by 4815162342

The Silmarillion is unadaptable into a normal film format. You have hundreds and hundreds of years of history essentially summarized in compressed form. The only possible option is to base a film around a specific isolated segment (such as the Beren/Luthien saga, the tragedy of Turin, etc). But that would require a lot of backstory explanation in the exposition part of the film. Even then you'd have to invent a lot of character stuff since most is just summary and general description (and would you really want to create stuff to supplant Tolkien's writing?)If I thought The Silmarillion was a viable property I'd have tried to gobble it up looooooooooooooooooong ago.

Do we still use this? Because I kind of have five movies this year being released I'd technically need rights to, and I just noticed this thread. XDIf we do, then I posthumously claim rights to Avatar: The Last Airbender, The Drowsy Chaperone, Freaks, and The Underland Chronicles. :P