cookie

CAYOM - Franchise by rights thread

...There are three books. There's only been one movie. Granted, I've never read the books, so I don't know if the movie already released covered it. Even so, I'm sure I can attempt to release one sequel and see how it goes. :P

There is sequel books to Fifty Shades of Grey

Never heard of their existance. Don't particularly care. Impact was far too generous to the first film and the genre isn't one known for consistent returns.

I would like to make a legit Homestar Runner cartoon if that is okay. I know it'd be low-budget/low profit.

I actually have a film lined up directed by Mike and Mark Chapman... I'll change it though; doesn't really reflect them that well.

I don't really want to research the plotlines for Fifty Shades sequels, so I give up those rights. :PAlso, I'm aware we can't do recent franchises, but the first post does say we can do Bond. Can I start a Bond trilogy in Year 5, although Skyfall is coming out?

Yes you can do Bond. Because Bond has been ongoing for 50 years it's a different beast since it essentially reboots with each new Bond actor. Just get the first film finished before Skyfall opens.The rule is you can make a handful of Bond films with your chosen actor, but then you have to give up the rights and they pass to a new member who makes his own series of films with a new Bond actor. It's the best way to handle a unique franchise like Bond.

Is Back to the Future off-limits or not? I came up with this idea for a fourth movie with Doc and Marty after rewatching the trilogy, but I realize it might be off-limits since it is a classic franchise. If it is, I'll tweak my idea to an original time-travel movie.