cookie

CAYOM - Franchise by rights thread

Are you kidding me, Lost? Do Homeland or 24.

Thanks for reminding me. I call Homeland :D

Also, guys, please stop claiming franchises left and right. Unless you're actually planning on making the movie soon, there's no reason to call it.

Well I guess we have every PS3 game ever made claimed by CJohn :P. I only called Homeland because I actually plan on making it.
  • Like 1

• Community Manager

If I do Homeland, should I keep the original cast or should I add new ones?

Depends on what you plan to do. If you want to simply retell a new version of the story (which is what I recommend) then a new one. If you want your movie to be a part of the TV show story then the current cast.

Depends on what you plan to do. If you want to simply retell a new version of the story (which is what I recommend) then a new one. If you want your movie to be a part of the TV show story then the current cast.

Well, I'm going for a reboot, so I guess new cast.

Are we still keeping track of Franchise rights?

No, but I won't mind doing it. It is a shame that the thread creator isn't here anymore to edit the first post. Edited by CJohn

• Community Manager

All right, I think I'll use Naomi Watts.I'll also need to worry about cutting the plot down. The movie should be 2 1/2 hours, the first season was 12 :P

That's just the wrong way to look at it. Don't see it as cutting the plot down. The one annoying thing about CAYOM is that adaptions tend to stick to the close material too much. I admit I've been guilty of this but I'm going to be changing that a bit with my future adaptions. Adaptions should be a chance to tell YOUR version of the story not what has already been told.

Are you going to call every PS3 game ever made? Call a film if you know you will make it.

Check my post at Studio Plans and you will see that every movie I called already has cast, director (inFamous just has a director, for now) and release date (Red Dead Redemption has cast and director, and I know how I want to adapt the story, but I need time, so I will make it over Christmas vacations, after that I will choose the release date), except God of War.