cookie

CAYOM - Franchise by rights thread

I'm honestly surprised that Phoenix Wright wasn't taken.

Same. I went over the list about 3 times looking for it.

I'm also going to take the rights to Black Cat, Mushishi and Vinland Saga

EDIT: Might as well go the full distance and take the rights to Code Geass, Death Note, Planetes, Trigun, Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop, Baccano and Durarara.

Edited by rukaio101

Blankments- can i take the dr Seuss franchise

I'm holding onto all of my rights until Year 9 and I'll decide what to do with them then.

How many years after a movie has been done in real life are we allowed to re-make them in CAYOM? 

Well, it depends. I'm just now allowed to remake Green Lantern (two years ago), but in Year 7, I managed to get away with a Les Mis remake/parody. I don't know the exact protocol. :P

How many years after a movie has been done in real life are we allowed to re-make them in CAYOM? 

I'd guess it depends on the movie. If there are a large number of different stories you can tell with it (like most superhero movies), then I expect you'll be allowed to remake after just a couple of years. If it's a series with a single specific plot, like Lord of the Rings, Watchmen or Twilight, I'd guess you'd have to wait a lot longer. 

I'd guess it depends on the movie. If there are a large number of different stories you can tell with it (like most superhero movies), then I expect you'll be allowed to remake after just a couple of years. If it's a series with a single specific plot, like Lord of the Rings, Watchmen or Twilight, I'd guess you'd have to wait a lot longer. 

What If I take a different approach to that movie compared to the original one? 

LotR and Twilight are both completely off-limits. Most superhero movies are off-limits too (and I hoard the rights to most of them lol)

Speaking of which, I release the rights of every DC franchise I have except for Green Lantern. If anyone else would like to continue the DCU, be my guest.

Edited by Blankments

Quick question, Numbers currently has the rights to the Pokemon Franchise. However, I'm wanting to do an adaptation of the Pokemon Adventures manga. Could I get the rights to just the Pokemon Adventures Manga, as a sub series within the Pokemon universe, similar to how different studios have rights to different properties within the Marvel/DC Universe, or does Numbers's ownership of the Pokemon Franchise cover all sub series and spinoffs?

Quick question, Numbers currently has the rights to the Pokemon Franchise. However, I'm wanting to do an adaptation of the Pokemon Adventures manga. Could I get the rights to just the Pokemon Adventures Manga, as a sub series within the Pokemon universe, similar to how different studios have rights to different properties within the Marvel/DC Universe, or does Numbers's ownership of the Pokemon Franchise cover all sub series and spinoffs?

Basically, he has everything right now, including sub series and spinoffs. It's up to him if he wants to give you the rights to do that. Wait for his answer...

He's a good guy anyways, I'm pretty sure he will give you the rights..

Edited by ChD

I am unfamiliar with anything about that manga. You'll need to explain a bit more about what you intend to make, just so I can determine if there'll be any conflict/discontinuity between the "series."

I am unfamiliar with anything about that manga. You'll need to explain a bit more about what you intend to make, just so I can determine if there'll be any conflict/discontinuity between the "series."

Basically, I'm trying to make a compressed adaptation of each of the manga's arcs. The manga usually loosely follows the games (except for a few arcs which are mostly original stories) but with quite a lot of differences, including more interesting characters, more story and more notable villains.

It's difficult to exactly explain too much here without effectively saying what happens in the manga note for note. It may just be easier for me to write up my form for the movie and send it to you to look over. Either that, or we could just call it a 'joint studio picture'.

Also, for the record, everyone here should read the Pokemon Adventures manga. It's really good.

Hmm. Since the Pokémon films I make loosely follow the game stories, but with my own nuances and changes, what your suggesting seems more like remakes than spinoffs.

I'm not saying no, just that anything made would already have to fit into the universe I already established and not contradict anything. So for example, I finished the Kanto series in Year 6 and I will begin the Johto series in Year 11. I am hesitant allowing anything that would create confusion with how the Kanto arc ended.

Hmm. Since the Pokémon films I make loosely follow the game stories, but with my own nuances and changes, what your suggesting seems more like remakes than spinoffs.

I'm not saying no, just that anything made would already have to fit into the universe I already established and not contradict anything. So for example, I finished the Kanto series in Year 6 and I will begin the Johto series in Year 11. I am hesitant allowing anything that would create confusion with how the Kanto arc ended.

I don't even have to read your movie to tell that probably won't work. Okay, I'll give up on the project for now.

Instead, I'm going to take the Redwall rights, since they seem to be free.

I don't even have to read your movie to tell that probably won't work. Okay, I'll give up on the project for now. Instead, I'm going to take the Redwall rights, since they seem to be free.

What is redwall (I don't know much of these manga/anime series)