CJohn

STEPHEN KING'S IT WEEKEND THREAD | 117.15 Mill!....NO SPOILERS..NOT EVEN IN TAGS!

17 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Negative comments are out there for literally any movie. A ton of people who take gratitude by not liking anything..

Absolutely.

There is a website called MovieWeb, and their headlines always tend to be fanboy clickbait. I have never seen article on their Facebook page that elicits praise and nice posts from fans for any movie.

Literally, everything people post in the Facebook page for MovieWeb is bitching, complaining, nitpicks, etc.

Not even Wonder Woman, Pixar films, or any of the well received MCU films got praised there (or maybe I am not looking hard enough)...

It's pretty much a cesspol of negativity.

Edited by Cochofles

17 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Negative comments are out there for literally any movie. A ton of people who take gratitude by not liking anything..

You have no idea how annoying the Horror crowd can be, if your movie is not a PURE Horror movie, they're going to complain for sure, those persons complaining about IT's lack of scary parts, were the same complaining about TC2 being too "dramatic" last year, urgh. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I need IT to make under 55/175.

How good are my chances? :insane:

should easily go over 55 ow. 175 dom also looks well within reach if the GA reception is anywhere close to what critics say. but 175 is not a lock imo. Just for the sake of argument one can foresee something like 72 ow / 2.4x /173 dom. i think your chances of <=55 ow are like 5% and <=175 dom are 40-60%.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

I'm surprised American Assassin is getting 3,000+ theaters considering there doesn't seem to be much interest in it. It reminds me of Abduction, the flop that killed Taylor Lautner's post-Twilight career. Numbers will probably be similar, maybe less with the R rating.

Edited by filmlover

Just now, La Binoche said:

It doesnt look like a movie made to please the general public. 

We'll see. I'm not getting Witch/ICAN vibes from it because it isn't like those films at all. I haven't read the third act spoilers, but I feel some are underestimating audiences on this one.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I'm surprised American Assassin is getting 3,000+ theaters considering there doesn't seem to be much interest in it. It reminds me of Abduction, the flop that killed Taylor Lautner's post-Twilight career.

It's been running a fuckton of ads on Fox News :lol: 

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

No clue. Social media stats have picked up A LOT over the past week, though.

I am praying for It  to gross 200 million and for mother!  to get to 100 million dollars so we can have four horror films (those two plus Split and Get Out ) become a huge part of the box office narrative for 2017. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

I am praying for It  to gross 200 million and for mother!  to get to 100 million dollars so we can have four horror films (those two plus Split and Get Out ) become a huge part of the box office narrative for 2017. 

I seriously believe that IT has a better shot at $300m than mother's got at $100m.

:ph34r:

4 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Don't forget Annabelle 2.