CJohn

STEPHEN KING'S IT WEEKEND THREAD | 117.15 Mill!....NO SPOILERS..NOT EVEN IN TAGS!

Just now, Jonwo said:

Looks like WeneedtotalkaboutKevin will get another Warner Bros film wrong yet again! :D It'll do $100m in its first week much like WW did over $130m in its first week! 

WeneedtotalkaboutKevin is against IT? 

$1B OW confirmed 

3 minutes ago, YourMother said:

My $42.5M+ OD club can live.

It's sold out at both of my theaters from 4PM on :sparta:

I was hoping to catch it after class but that's looking like a no go now 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Nova said:

$1B OW confirmed 

4 minutes ago, YourMother said:

He was surprisingly reasonable for Ninjago: $30M/$100M/$200M but technically that's a underestimation. So... maybe $150M+?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Nova said:

$1B OW confirmed 

It's sold out at both of my theaters from 4PM on :sparta:

I was hoping to catch it after class but that's looking like a no go now 

30/100/300m was his prediction! Although TBH $300m WW would still be profitable for IT. I think it's going to do $200-250m OS. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, YourMother said:

With New Line's resurgence, WB gets Bond and if WAG can do a $200M+ domestic film (non Lego), they might be able to keep up with Disney.

I think finding another WAG franchise that can do $200m domestic won't be easy. The budgets are $70-80m so they don't need to huge numbers. I imagine Smallfoot will be a modest hit and Scooby will do over $100m for sure. 

5 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I think finding another WAG franchise that can do $200m domestic won't be easy. The budgets are $70-80m so they don't need to huge numbers. I imagine Smallfoot will be a modest hit and Scooby will do over $100m for sure. 

Maybe Scooby can but it'll have to break the whole "been there done that" of animated tv show/movie to film like Spongebob 2. Less Dragon 2/LB/POM.

Smallfoot will do decent ($70M-$100M domestic) but in order for WAG to be a decent player in the animation world, they should be having more $400M WW hits.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Maybe Scooby can but it'll have to break the whole "been there done that" of animated tv show/movie to film like Spongebob 2.

Smallfoot will do decent ($70M-$100M domestic) but in order for WAG to be a decent player in the animation world, they should be having more $400M WW hits.

$400m WW isn't easy, even DWA which is well established have only had one $400m WW hit in the last few years since HTTYD2 and that was The Boss Baby, likewise with Blue Sky where Ice Age 5 barely went over $400m WW and that's established. 

WAG at the moment has a better average than SPA and likely will overtake Blue Sky one of  the top animation studios.

Edited by Jonwo

27 minutes ago, John Marston said:

I remember before the trailer came most people would have predicted 80m total at best 

My "IT over Get Out" club was apparently pretty ballsy when I made it. Now it almost seems like a given

Watching a new House Hunters (she's looking for the farmhouse style in Phoenix, where do they find these idiots) and during the commercials they're running these advertorials for Home Again. The director was showing off the house in the movie and discussing the atmosphere she wanted to create with it, interspersed with movie clips and a voiceover saying the movie opens on Friday. The movie is sure to flop, now I really just want to see if the daughter of Nancy Meyers has inherited her eye for gorgeous movie houses.

14 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

$400m WW isn't easy, even DWA which is well established have only had one $400m WW hit in the last few years since HTTYD2 and that was The Boss Baby, likewise with Blue Sky where Ice Age 5 barely went over $400m WW and that's established. 

WAG at the moment has a better average than SPA and likely will overtake Blue Sky one of  the top animation studios.

2 you forgot Kung Fu Panda 3, but Dreamworks has had consistently had $350M+ WW grossers too. WAG although is doing solid domestically with a Lego Movie, a Lego spinoff and an underperformer, has a $170M+ average I think:

2 minutes ago, BoxOfficeChica said:

Watching a new House Hunters (she's looking for the farmhouse style in Phoenix, where do they find these idiots) and during the commercials they're running these advertorials for Home Again. The director was showing off the house in the movie and discussing the atmosphere she wanted to create with it, interspersed with movie clips and a voiceover saying the movie opens on Friday. The movie is sure to flop, now I really just want to see if the daughter of Nancy Meyers has inherited her eye for gorgeous movie houses.

I saw one review that said even the kitchen (a hallmark of every Nancy Meyers movie) disappoints. :lol: