CJohn

STEPHEN KING'S IT WEEKEND THREAD | 117.15 Mill!....NO SPOILERS..NOT EVEN IN TAGS!

3 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

I kinda want mother! to succeed since it looks so weird, but they waited ages to release a trailer and I kinda see IT crushing it next week, though that depends on how well it does this week. Plus at the showing of IT I went to, they had a new trailer for mother! that tells you to buy your tickets after you leave this movie and the audience laughed.

The two cold possibly co-exist though.

Our crowd had the same reaction

If IT is scary, it's definitely in a fun, goosebumps-inducing way rather than a terrifying, under your skin, leave-the-lights-on-at-night way. That may be why serious horror fans are disappointed while the GA is rolling with it. 

Edited by Jake Gittes

2 minutes ago, AJG said:

Still has the best celebrity arrest video of all time

Her husbands reaction adds so much.

that's a guy who has to put up with her "I'D LIKE TO SPEAK TO THE MANAGER" ways every time they go out to eat.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, We0uthere said:

All in all I think big horror fans are disappointed, but general public is happy with how IT turned out to be.

Expect it to be a massive hit because it's not just pure horror. It is one of a kind with it's Evil Dead meets Stand By Me vibe. 

That sounds very very good. I love Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness, so hype for later today

Anytime I've seen the mother! trailer in theaters, the reactions haven't exactly been so hot. 

I saw a TV spot for it during the season opener yesterday and it doesn't really do the movie any favors in terms of selling it. I understand keeping everything under wraps but the things they have revealed to the audience is very off putting, imo. 

Add to the fact that ive always thought releasing it directly after IT was never ever a good idea. They could co-exist but IT is gonna be so big that I just don't see it happening. 

Having said that, the movie cost so little to make, that it could open at $10-15M (which is where I think it'll open) and it be a success. 

12 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

that's a guy who has to put up with her "I'D LIKE TO SPEAK TO THE MANAGER" ways every time they go out to eat.

Is Reese Witherspoon the original Apple Store Freakout Woman?

28 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I can see mother! opening anywhere from 15-30M with legs ranging from a 2.4x-3.5x. There's too much curiosity for it to just barely scrape past a 2x.

After reading that 3rd act, I don't think 3x multiple is likely. Maybe a $25M/$60M gross. It just seems really controversial to the GA.

Edited by YourMother