CJohn

STEPHEN KING'S IT WEEKEND THREAD | 117.15 Mill!....NO SPOILERS..NOT EVEN IN TAGS!

Jk lol IT did our equivalent of 19.3M in previews at my theatre tonight. Holy fuck, that's more than anything this year not called Guardians 2 (and I think even guardians was in the low 20's at best). 

I doubt a number even close to that is happening, but I wouldn't be surprised at 10-12M+ at this point.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, That One Guy said:

THE WHOLE MOVIE LEAKED ONLINE IN HD QUALITY WTF

It's doomed. 75+ drop here we come.

2 hours ago, Jonwo said:

Given Home Again is released by Open Road, a $10m OW would be considered good

It'll probably be likely to make half of that though. Poor Open Roads.

I'm very curious to see the legs on this thing. The crowd in my theater went nuts. Reacting to every jump scare, laughing at every joke, clapping at some specific scenes. If this manages over $70M OW, I think $200M domestic is a done deal.

I really enjoyed It. The kids and Skarsgard are fantastic.

59 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Interested to see how the previews and opening weekend numbers for this will go. Depending how high it opens, I think we can understand how other films this year can potentially go, like Thor: Ragnarok.  

I don't see how previews/opening for this weekend will relate at all to a film like Ragnarok

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1