WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 77): It 60.1M | American Assassin 14.8M | JLaw's Original Sin 7.5M

2 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

I dunno? They definitely changed the poster and banner from her likeness so something's going on there. Why else would they do all that after the movie opens? Seems like the Deadline stats that revolved around her fans might have something to do with it.

That's the most logical conclusion I can come too but I didn't think RT was that important and I don't think it's going to stop people from knowing she's attached.

Maybe they were trying to reduce the troll factor from the Breibart crowd. 

Just now, straggler said:

Maybe they were trying to reduce the troll factor from the Breibart crowd. 

And what would that do? They are still going to know she's attached by scrolling down to the pictures and looking at the Flixster reviews, the bad reviews are from people who have actually seen the movie not alt right trolls bashing Jennifer Lawrence. I've seen very little from them actually.

That sounds like a really bad excuse. I don't have any idea why they changed it though.

4 hours ago, the beast said:

I dont see how IT can have a sunday drop more than 40% since last week it dropped only 35% on sunday

Last week was its first weekend.  First weekend Sunday decreases are typically much smaller than usual.  This Sunday should be a more normal 42-45%.  

17 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

And what would that do? They are still going to know she's attached by scrolling down to the pictures and looking at the Flixster reviews, the bad reviews are from people who have actually seen the movie not alt right trolls bashing Jennifer Lawrence. I've seen very little from them actually.

That sounds like a really bad excuse. I don't have any idea why they changed it though.

Just speculating. Honestly don't think it means anything. 

3 hours ago, the beast said:

Just hoping IT gets a $65m weekend

It's impossible at this point.  RTH updated us late, so his figure will be pretty accurate.  Best case is 60 at this point.  More than likely it'll come in under by about a million.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Boxofficerules said:

Nothing is impossible if you truly believe!

Well, it's possible that RTH's computer gave him an incomplete readout and it's possible that IT bucks all trends and falls about 30% today.  Possible but highly unlikely.  :)

8 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Ok increase for It. I expected a better increase, but I guess the better than expected Friday evens that out a little bit.

If we were expecting a better increase than we were not going by R-rated movies. They don't typically increase more than 30% on a Saturday. Just go back and look at the top R rated movies of all time that came out not in the summer. The increase for it is actually above most other films outside of the summer.

• Like 2

Just now, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

If we were expecting a better increase than we were not going by R-rated movies. They don't typically increase more than 30% on a Saturday. Just go back and look at the top R rated movies of all time that came out not in the summer. The increase for it is actually above most other films outside of the summer.

Blair Witch's second Saturday increase was just under 40%.

Don't Breathe consistently increased over 50% on Saturday.

It's a fine Saturday increase. Nothing outstanding, nothing bad.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

Deadpool had 50 to 60% SAT increases. Passion of the Christ had even larger 60%+ increases. Those were not horror movies though, so maybe they are not ideal comps.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Blair Witch's second Saturday increase was just under 40%.

Don't Breathe consistently increased over 50% on Saturday.

It's a fine Saturday increase. Nothing outstanding, nothing bad.

Annabelle had less than 30% and so did Conjuring.

• Like 1

Also IT still has IMAX theaters. So maybe that would mitigate the increases a little bit. It will be interesting to see what happens when it loses the IMAX theaters to see what the increases will be on Saturday.

3 minutes ago, The Pumpkin Spice Panda said:

It's also harder to have massive Saturday jumps when IT's second weekend is still going to be over the previous horror movie OW record.

And a higher second weekend than any other weekend from any movie in September.

• Like 3