WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 77): It 60.1M | American Assassin 14.8M | JLaw's Original Sin 7.5M

1 minute ago, Firepower said:

WW wouldn't have made 400+ mln without the whole propaganda thing by feminists and sjws. Or you think it made 4x multiplier because it was that good in terms of quality?

Of course it got a 4X because people liked it.  No one is going to see a film because of propaganda.  Maybe they will once, but when a film opens to 100 million and gets a 4X, it's getting repeat viewing.  WW was really well liked by the audience that saw it.  

• Like 12

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

Sorry I don't think you grasp what a ~4x multiplier means for a 100m+ opening CBM.

He thinks that all a film needs to have a high multiplier is "propaganda" and being championed by SJWs and feminists... :rofl:

3 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Propaganda helped Wolf Warrior 2 gross 800+ mln in China. WW is not that good to make 4x multiplier because of quality. 

tumblr_ni2y7yV0p81u722nmo1_r1_500.gif

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

1 1 Avatar Fox $2,788.0 $760.5 27.3% $2,027.5 72.7% 2009^
2 2 Titanic Par. $2,186.8 $658.7 30.1% $1,528.1 69.9% 1997^
3 6 Furious 7 Uni. $1,516.0 $353.0 23.3% $1,163.0 76.7% 2015
4 3 Star Wars: The Force Awakens BV $2,068.2 $936.7 45.3% $1,131.6 54.7% 2015
5 4 Jurassic World Uni. $1,671.7 $652.3 39.0% $1,019.4 61.0% 2015
6 11 The Fate of the Furious Uni. $1,238.8 $225.8 18.2% $1,013.0 81.8% 2017

Care to change your bullshit story?  

You didn't read my next post, did you? Or you think that SWs make half of its grosses in US is perfectly fine? About "foreign markets don't care much about it", you'll see how hard overseas grosses of The Last Jedi will fall compared to TFA.

5 minutes ago, Firepower said:

WW wouldn't have made 400+ mln without the whole propaganda thing by feminists and sjws. Or you think it made 4x multiplier because it was that good in terms of quality?

I don't like WW anywhere near as @Cochofles, but I'll still take option B for the win ;) 

Edited by 75live
  • Like 1

And for the record, when it comes to RTH, I'm not getting into specifics about him but everyone here knows he's the real deal.  Other members besides myself have met him and his knowledge of the film industry is beyond about 99% of the people that post here and there are reasons for that.  So when he breaks down things for me and explains why grosses are important everywhere, then I listen.  I have no idea what you do for a living @MJL but if you want to tell me that RTH is wrong...well....I don't know what to tell you.  So I'll just leave it at that and you can believe whatever it is you choose to believe.

• Like 1

Just now, 75live said:

I don't like WW anywhere near as @Cochofles, but I'll still take option B for the win ;) 

Like @Stutterng baumer Denbrough mentioned, the film was immensely liked by the people who saw it, which explains the WOM and the legs. Regardless of what one thinks of the quality (subjective thing anyway), when Firepower claims that WW was only a financial hit "because feminism and SJWism," I have to laugh at the cluelessness of the whole thing. What does that even mean?

That people who hated CBMs and did not give a shit about the character or the DCEU still paid to see the film because the "propaganda from feminists and SJWs" forced them to? :D 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Firepower said:

You didn't read my next post, did you? Or you think that SWs make half of its grosses in US is perfectly fine? About "foreign markets don't care much about it", you'll see how hard overseas grosses of The Last Jedi will fall compared to TFA.

Do I think it's fine?  Yes, of course I do.  It means that people responded to it everywhere, not just here.  And the grosses are going to fall everywhere for TLJ.  The last SW film hit the zeitgeist.  Most are expecting it to make about 75% of what it did in 2015.  

Your logic is flawed and really doesn't make all that much sense.  On one side of your mouth you are saying that no one cares about SW internationally and then when it gets pointed out to you that TFA is one of 5 films to make a billion overseas, you change your tune and use the other side of your mouth to say that while it made a billion overseas, it's not really real or relevant and then you use some fake fact claiming that because the gross was split evenly that's a bad thing.  You logic is kind of silly.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

Of course it got a 4X because people liked it.  No one is going to see a film because of propaganda.  Maybe they will once, but when a film opens to 100 million and gets a 4X, it's getting repeat viewing.  WW was really well liked by the audience that saw it.  

Wolf Warrior 2 has even bigger multiplier and getting repeat viewing too. Chinese audience loved it, but it was propaganda movie and it wouldn't have made that much without it. It's like Rocky 4 and Rambo 2 thing. 

9 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

He thinks that all a film needs to have a high multiplier is "propaganda" and being championed by SJWs and feminists... :rofl:

I didn't say "all", I said excatly about your object of fap. You can see grosses of many other superhero movies, which are far better than Wonder Woman and weren't championed by SJW and feminists, and they don't have this kind of multiplier. The big super-hero movie has to be really really good to make 4x multplier without help of external circumstances. WW wasn't that good.

Edited by Firepower

I'm not getting into a pissing contest today with anyone.  I don't have the time or the wherewithal to do so.  So MJL and Firepower can believe whatever they choose to.  No big deal.

• Like 3

^^^I think someone (Firepower) stumbled out of MovieWeb's FB page (or worse, tumblr) into BOT...

I will continue "fapping" LOL to Wonder Woman, rather than posting nonsensical stuff in regard to things I have no clue about. :rofl:

Edited by Cochofles

Wolf Warrior 2 has even bigger multiplier and getting repeat viewing too. Chinese audience loved it, but it was propaganda movie and it wouldn't have made that much without it. It's like Rocky 4 and Rambo 2 thing. 

I didn't say "all", I said excatly about your object of fap. You can see grosses of many other superhero movies, which are far better than Wonder Woman and weren't championed by SJW and feminists, and they don't have this kind of multiplier and 

I'm not Chinese so I have no idea why it did that well, but the original was a good sized hit in China so maybe that has something to do with it.  And you think the propaganda in Rocky IV is what sold the film?  LOL.  Wow......okay then.

2 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Like @Stutterng baumer Denbrough mentioned, the film was immensely liked by the people who saw it, which explains the WOM and the legs. Regardless of what one thinks of the quality (subjective thing anyway), when Firepower claims that WW was only a financial hit "because feminism and SJWism," I have to laugh at the cluelessness of the whole thing. What does that even mean?

That people who hated CBMs and did not give a shit about the character or the DCEU still paid to see the film because the "propaganda from feminists and SJWs" forced them to? :D 

lol

yeah don't get me wrong, you know I liked WW, just saying I know was off the charts enjoyment for you :)

but yeah that reasoning for Fire to think most of it was just some kind of propoganda, is a bit disingenuous on Fire's part

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Firepower said:

I didn't say "all", I said excatly about your object of fap. You can see grosses of many other superhero movies, which are far better than Wonder Woman and weren't championed by SJW and feminists, and they don't have this kind of multiplier and 

tenor.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

I'm not getting into a pissing contest today with anyone.  I don't have the time or the wherewithal to do so.  So MJL and Firepower can believe whatever they choose to.  No big deal.

you don't get off that easy, you know IT is mostly making money because of the nostalgia from Barnum and Bailey's from the 50s and the CJW (clown justice warriors).  

Yeah I said it baumer, come at me

:P 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

Do I think it's fine?  Yes, of course I do.  It means that people responded to it everywhere, not just here. 

You clearly missed the point of my post. If movie like SW makes half of its grosses in a single market, it means it's not that popular overseas. I mean ratio between domestic and overseas grosses. With almost 1 bln domestic, it would have made 2 billion overseas, if it had been as popular. And The Last Jedi ratio will be even more obvious, it'll clearly make more domestic than overseas.

Edited by Firepower

You clearly missed the point of my post. If movie like SW makes half of its grosses in a single market, it means it's not that popular overseas. I mean ration between domestic and overseas grosses. With almost 1 bln domestic, it would have made 2 billion overseas, if it had been as popular. And The Last Jedi ratio will be even more obvious, it'll clearly make more domestic than overseas.

You are looking at this the wrong way. TFA was very popular overseas, but it just made an otherworldly amount of money domestically because, admittedly, Star Wars is the king of cinema in NA. Hence, the close to 50-50 split.

• Like 4

If Marvel Studios knows what's good for them, they will make a film about Valkyrie and her Lady Liberators. Imagine how much money it can make with all the "propaganda from feminists and SJWs" it's bound to generate! First one-billion domestic grosser?? :D I think so.

RCO001_1475745971.jpg

Edited by Cochofles

5 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

I'm not Chinese so I have no idea why it did that well, but the original was a good sized hit in China so maybe that has something to do with it.

The original Wolf Warrior made 8 times less than its sequel. You think the sequel made 8 times more just because the original was hit? lol.

5 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

And you think the propaganda in Rocky IV is what sold the film?  LOL.  Wow......okay then.

Very obviously. It was released on the peak of Cold War. It was event movie about battle of warring nations and american/anti-soviet propaganda. You can see how hard Rocky 5 grosses fell compared to Rocky 4 to see the difference.

7 minutes ago, 75Live said:

you don't get off that easy, you know IT is mostly making money because of the nostalgia from Barnum and Bailey's from the 50s and the CJW (clown justice warriors).  

Yeah I said it baumer, come at me

:P 

:rofl:

CJWs...

I hear that Emma Watson's Beauty and the Beast  grossed 500 million domestically only because of all the propaganda from princesses, furrys, and animal lovers everywhere.