aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals ~ BR2049 32.753M :((, TMBU 10.551M, It 9.972M, MLP:TM 8.885M, K:TGC 8.675M, AM 8.446M, TLNM 7.002 M, V&A 4.171M | All those posts will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die

9 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

put more youtube stars in movies. shoulda been pewdiepie instead of gosling. that's what the kids like.

also you're kind of not far off.  this guy is on YouTube with like 10M subscribers or something and he's in Boo! A Madea Halloween and the highly anticipated upcoming sequel.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm6257719/

5 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Can we just appreciate that 2017 is the year that (as far as franchise films go) we have gotten Logan, War for the Planet of the Apes, and Blade Runner: 2049

And sadly only Logan could break out so it using its status as a funny book movie as a cover 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Cookson said:

Yes, but me thinks it'll have worse legs.

Why? It has the fantastic reviews and very little competition. It’s a frontloaded OW cause it is a fanboy movie. The legs will depend on WOM. A positive sign is it’s A- cinemascore. Arrival had a B and managed to do 4x. 

15 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Can we just appreciate that 2017 is the year that (as far as franchise films go) we have gotten Logan, War for the Planet of the Apes, and Blade Runner: 2049

Don't think I'm gonna remember the former two too much. Nice sendoffs mostly. Overall, good year for movies. Have liked much better than last year. Unfortunately, Fall is looking less exciting than last year it seems.

I'm sure BR2049 will be interesting to rewatch through the years at least.

Edited by MrPink

1 minute ago, Mr Impossible said:

Why? It has the fantastic reviews and very little competition. It’s a frontloaded OW cause it is a fanboy movie. The legs will depend on WOM. A positive sign is it’s A- cinemascore. Arrival had a B and managed to do 4x. 

November release http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=weekend&id=arrival2016.htm

Again cinmeascore is what the intended audience (1st day) thinks of the movie. Mostly fans of BR1 showed up for BR2 which led to higher cinemascore and higher front-loading.

If the marketing had somehow manged to tap a wider audience the front-loading could have been less, numbers bigger and cinemascore smaller. Ironic.  A- cinemascore whose previews+OD split was 4+8.7 doesn't mean much.

blade runner probably my favourite movie of the year. war for apes was wack. logan pretty cool. 

honestly none of the oscar baity stuff is really lighting my fire in terms of interest this year except shape of water. i'm more excited for episode viii than i was for the last two though.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mr Impossible said:

Arrival was a suprise that had a low OW due to a lack of awareness

BR49 is closer to a fanboy franchise and will be frontloaded.