Frozen

Anna | Luc Besson | Helen Mirren, Luke Evans, Cillian Murphy

I give props to Pedo Besson for pulling to bring in different ideas, but..... Lucy was not good, and I haven't seen Valerian yet but I'm not convinced that it's not a movie that stands super strong beyond the visuals and worldbuilding. Soooo, another action movie of his...... I dunno.

Helen Mirren is cool news, tho.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

On 10/9/2017 at 1:18 PM, MCKillswitch123 said:

I give props to Pedo Besson for pulling to bring in different ideas, but.....

Excusez moi?  I know he has dated/married younger women, such as Milla, but come on...

Reserve that stuff for people who actually deserve it. 

Edited by Macleod

5 hours ago, Macleod said:

Excusez moi?  I know he has dated/married younger women, such as Milla, but come on...

Excusez moi? So a man who starts dating a 15 year old at the age of 32 and marries her a year later and then gets inspired by their romance to create a movie about the relation between an adult man and a 12 year old girl (The Professional) gets a pass? I really don't care if 15 is the age of consent in France, it doesn't make it any less weird and sick to hear  about. Maybe not PEDOphile as those females were in their teens, but still, it's a stretch not to say that he's not at least perverted.

But we can agree to disagree about this. And I wouldn't call him a hardcore pedo or anything, tbf, but at the same time, hard to say he's NOT.

41 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Besson dating women like that should be treated the same as when men in their 30s date someone who’s 18: it’s creepy, but still legal.

It is legal, but God is it weird.

Someone said before that the maximum difference between two people dating without being creepy should be around 3.5 years or something (and the equation should be 2x the person's age and then divided by 7, if I'm not wrong). I think that sounds about perfect. But alas.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

7 hours ago, Macleod said:

Currently spacey is being burned for inappropriate behaviour with a 14 year old. Besson with 15 year old makes him deserving of being called a pedo. Yeesh guys.

4 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Excusez moi? So a man who starts dating a 15 year old at the age of 32 and marries her a year later and then gets inspired by their romance to create a movie about the relation between an adult man and a 12 year old girl (The Professional) gets a pass? I really don't care if 15 is the age of consent in France, it doesn't make it any less weird and sick to hear  about. Maybe not PEDOphile as those females were in their teens, but still, it's a stretch not to say that he's not at least perverted.

Fair enough, I didn't know about this particular instance with one of his earlier marriages, just looked it up.  Wiki tells me that it's the actress (now director and screenwriter) who claimed that their relationship inspired LEON, not Besson... but regardless, it's clear to see the echoes there, yes.  Unfortunately, Besson pulls this yet again with The Fifth Element.  It makes it more and more difficult to enjoy these films, sure... 

But at least he doesn't have any harassment claims against him...yet.

• Like 1