kayumanggi

ADDAMS FAMILY | MGM | Oct 11 2019 | 20th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

1 hour ago, stealthyfrog said:

Good.  The teaser they've been putting out before family movies is terrible. I'm pretty sure it is dissuading more people from seeing the movie than it is selling the movie.

I worry that there isn't really any family films that families will actually see until Angry Birds 2 and Abominable, and that they've blown their chance to make a strong first impression in front of films like Toy Story 4 and The Lion King. Hopefully it isn't too late to make any more of an impression. The timing of the new trailer likely means they've chosen to debut it in front of Dora and Scary Stories, both of which unfortunately stand a strong chance of flopping extremely hard.

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 2:24 PM, stealthyfrog said:

Good.  The teaser they've been putting out before family movies is terrible. I'm pretty sure it is dissuading more people from seeing the movie than it is selling the movie.

If it's the trailer I saw. that "It" red balloon (the movie) joke was really,really,forced.

I find the animation style really unappealing. Sometimes the environment (especially the outdoor shots of the school grounds) look painfully cheap. 

The rap didn’t work. The edits didn’t work. 

There could still be a good film in there. But this trailer is dire. 

• Like 3

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 5:39 PM, Yandereprime101189 said:

Well, the designs of the family aren't really the problem, it's the normal people they interact/terrorize. Those people really shouldn't look like something out of Tim Burton.

And if the humor in the trailers is an example of what most of the  the humor in the film will be like; the writing is going to be a bigger problem then the designs.