Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

To any of my fellow Mass Effect fans out here, I read a Collider article that argued that it would be a better TV show than movie; and honestly, I have to agree, as ME is valued on worldbuilding + long term character investment, and I think it would be easier to pack all those 70 hours of ME goodness into a TV show rather than a movie (and for the record, I'm just talking about the OT.... haven't tried Andromeda yet but I'm pretending it doesn't exist). It would look cheaper than a big budget Hollywood adaptation, but it would be more faithful to the quality of the games.

What do you guys think, movie or show? :ph34r:

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

To any of my fellow Mass Effect fans out here, I read a Collider article that argued that it would be a better TV show than movie; and honestly, I have to agree, as ME is valued on worldbuilding + long term character investment, and I think it would be easier to pack all those 70 hours of ME goodness into a TV show rather than a movie (and for the record, I'm just talking about the OT.... haven't tried Andromeda yet but I'm pretending it doesn't exist). It would look cheaper than a big budget Hollywood adaptation, but it would be more faithful to the quality of the games.

Nothing will ever happen so lets just not think about it. At best we get an anime show like The Witcher on Netflix. Wasted opportunity.

• Sad 2

5 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Nothing will ever happen so lets just not think about it. At best we get an anime show like The Witcher on Netflix. Wasted opportunity.

:whosad: BUT I WANNA SEE THIS IN LIVE ACTION:

Spoiler

Also wanna see Liara's bluebs :ph34r:

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

The Disaster Artist isn't playing anywhere in my county :winomg::sarah: My mom said the other day she'd be fine with me driving to Orlando by myself now, though she was drunk when she said that :kitschjob: Hopefully she means it because I might go down to Disney or Universal next week to see it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

The Disaster Artist isn't playing anywhere in my county :winomg::sarah: My mom said the other day she'd be fine with me driving to Orlando by myself now, though she was drunk when she said that :kitschjob: Hopefully she means it because I might go down to Disney or Universal next week to see it.

Fuck your town, right?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

It's a hard knock life for a casual.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Time for the infamous Frozen short. Wonderful animation so faaaaaaarrrrrrr and now a song

C9thcSVXkAA3296.jpg

And now another song...

now another song. How are they doing this?

Another song. Good Lord God.

New revelation: Olaf can melt but can freeze back into snowman form and thus cannot be killed.

“our snowman is missing in the woods. Ring the bells, interrupt the townspeople celebrating Christmas to help us find it”. Frozen 2 is gonna be the revolution against this Royal family, isn’t it?

Song number 5. 

giphy.gif

Edited by AJG
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Mass Effect does lend itself well to a well-budgeted TV series because you could have a nice mix of the main mythology story arc along with missions of the week and also recurring secondary plots.

I may have once when I had a lot of free time on my hands sketched out the first four seasons of a Mass Effect show :ph34r:

• Astonished 1

9 minutes ago, AJG said:

Time for the infamous Frozen short. Wonderful animation so faaaaaaarrrrrrr and now a song

C9thcSVXkAA3296.jpg

And now another song...

now another song. How are they doing this?

Another song. Good Lord God.

Thank god my meal was ready for pickup in the theater.

• Like 1

I stopped watching animated films consistently in theaters after the LEGO Movie. Broke that trend by seeing LEGO Batman earlier this year because there was nothing else out at the time. LEGO Movie was good but it really tested my patience with child moviegoers.

Coco looks really good but I'm content with waiting a few more months to see it.

1 minute ago, Rorschach said:

I stopped watching animated films consistently in theaters after the LEGO Movie. Broke that trend by seeing LEGO Batman earlier this year because there was nothing else out at the time. LEGO Movie was good but it really tested my patience with child moviegoers.

Coco looks really good but I'm content with waiting a few more months to see it.

Coco has been super quiet during the week here. Most shows only sell 2-4 tickets and some have been empty.  Hopefully my showing tomorrow is like that.